Daniel Maxwell, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
Daniel Maxwell, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine.
Dr. Maxwell holds a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, where he graduated magna cum laude. He earned his medical degree at the University of Alabama School of Medicine. He completed internal medicine residency training and a fellowship in infectious diseases and critical care medicine at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Maxwell joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2023.
Dr. Maxwell's research interests include infectious diseases like COVID-19, HIV, and pulmonary diseases and disorders. His findings have resulted in numerous peer-reviewed publications, book chapters, and clinical trials.
- Vanderbilt University (2012), Bioengineering
- Medical School
- Uni of Alabama at Birmingham (2013), Medicine
- Clinically undetected polyclonal heteroresistance among Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from cystic fibrosis respiratory specimens.
- Maxwell DN, Kim J, Pybus CA, White L, Medford RJ, Filkins LM, Monogue ML, Rae MM, Desai D, Clark AE, Zhan X, Greenberg DE, J Antimicrob Chemother 2022 Oct
- COVID-19 Therapeutics for Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Review of Candidate Agents with Potential for Near-Term Use and Impact.
- Maxwell D, Sanders KC, Sabot O, Hachem A, Llanos-Cuentas A, Olotu A, Gosling R, Cutrell JB, Hsiang MS, Am J Trop Med Hyg 2021 Jul
- "The Art of War" in the Era of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Maxwell DN, Perl TM, Cutrell JB, Clin. Infect. Dis. 2020 Mar