Dr. Jiten Patel is originally from Lafayette, Louisiana. He attended medical school in Shreveport, LA and then internal medicine training at LSU in New Orleans. Intrigued by electrolyte abnormalities and renal pathology he completed his fellowship in Nephrology at UT Southwestern. Dr. Patel is well trained in general nephrology and focuses his care on taking care of the underserved dialysis population. Dr. Patel’s interests outside of medicine include computers/technology, home improvement, basketball, football, movies and music.
- Medical School
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine (2010)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2013), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Nephrology
- Dialysis Access
- Unfunded Dialysis Populations
- Hemodialysis catheter insertion: is increased PO2 a sign of arterial cannulation? A case report.
- Chirinos JC, Neyra JA, Patel J, Rodan AR BMC Nephrol 2014 15 127
- American Board of Internal Medicine (2013)
- American Society of Nephrology (2013)
- American Medical Association (2006)