Jiten Patel, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Jiten Patel, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in renal sonography, glomerulonephritis, and dialysis, with a particular focus on the underserved dialysis population.
Originally from Lafayette, Louisiana, Dr. Patel holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Louisiana. He earned his medical degree at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, where he also completed a residency in internal medicine before receiving advanced training in nephrology through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in nephrology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015.
Dr. Patel is a member of the American Society of Nephrology, the American Board of Internal Medicine, and the American Medical Association. He has delivered several invited lectures and published numerous academic articles.
In 2019, he earned an Outstanding Patient Care Award from UT Southwestern.
Dr. Patel’s interests outside of medicine include computers/technology, home improvement, basketball, football, movies, and music.
- Medical School
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine (2010)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans (2013), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Nephrology
- Dialysis Access
- Unfunded Dialysis Populations
- Hemodialysis catheter insertion: is increased PO2 a sign of arterial cannulation? A case report.
- Chirinos JC, Neyra JA, Patel J, Rodan AR BMC Nephrol 2014 15 127
Honors & Awards
- Physician of the Year
Parkland Health & Hospital System (2022)
- Outstanding Patient Care Award
UT Southwestern (2019)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Nephrology