Dr. Ayyar grew up in the Dallas area. He received his medical degree at the University of Texas at San Antonio before finishing his residency (Internal Medicine) and fellowship (Gastroenterology) at UT Southwestern in Dallas. It was the combination of continuity of care and the procedural aspects that drew him towards Gastroenterology. He currently specializes in general gastroenterology, including esophageal, intestinal, and colonic diseases. Dr. Ayyar’s interests outside of medicine include his family and Dallas sports.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2013)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Gastroenterology
- A Patient-Centered Approach to Postgraduate Trainee Health and Wellness: An Applied Review and Health Care Delivery Model.
- Carvour ML, Ayyar BK, Chien KS, Ramirez NC, Yamamoto H, Acad Med 2016 09 91 9 1205-10
- Current and emerging strategies in the management of Crohn's disease.
- Randall C, Vizuete J, Wendorf G, Ayyar B, Constantine G, Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 2012 Oct 26 5 601-10
- American Gastroenterological Association (2016)
- American Society for Gastroenterological Endoscopy (2016)