Dale Okorodudu, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Okorodudu practices at the Dallas VA Medical Center.
Raised in League City, Texas, Dr. Okorodudu holds a bachelor’s degree summa cum laude in biological sciences from the University of Missouri, where he also received his medical degree. He completed internal medicine residency training at Duke University Medical Center, and completed advanced training through a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in pulmonary disease and in critical care medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern Faculty in 2016.
Dr. Okorodudu’s research interests include obesity, retinopathy, healthcare disparities, and promoting diversity in the medical workforce. His work has resulted in several publications in peer-reviewed journals. Additionally, he has presented his findings and documentary series throughout the United States and internationally.
He is the founder of DiverseMedicine Inc. and the Black Men In White Coats Video Series.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Okorodudu is involved in the Clinical Competence and Program Evaluation Committees for the Internal Medicine Residency Program. He also chairs the Home Based Oxygen Committee at the Dallas VA Medical Center.
Dr. Okorodudu is a member of the National Medical Association and its Dallas/Fort Worth chapter, the C.V. Roman Medical Society.
Dr. Okorodudu’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with his wife, three children, and church family.
- Health Economics
- Healthcare Disparities
- Medical Workforce
- Diagnostic performance of body mass index to identify obesity as defined by body adiposity in children and adolescents: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Javed A, Jumean M, Murad MH, Okorodudu D, Kumar S, Somers VK, Sochor O, Lopez-Jimenez F Pediatr Obes 2015 Jun 10 3 234-44
- Early diabetes mellitus or hypertension is not significantly associated with severity of vision loss in nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy.
- Odette JD, Okorodudu DO, Johnson LN Arch. Ophthalmol. 2011 Aug 129 8 1106-7
- Diagnostic performance of body mass index to identify obesity as defined by body adiposity: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Okorodudu DO, Jumean MF, Montori VM, Romero-Corral A, Somers VK, Erwin PJ, Lopez-Jimenez F Int J Obes (Lond) 2010 May 34 5 791-9