Dr. Chieko Mineo received both her B.S and Ph.D. in Pharmacology from University of Tokyo. She received post-doctoral training in Cell Biology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Mineo joined the faculty in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2002. She is a member of the Integrative Biology Graduate Program in the Division of Basic Science.
- University of Tokyo (1982), Pharmacology
- Graduate School
- University of Tokyo (1992), Pharmacology
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction
- Vascular Biology and Atherosclerosis
- Regulation of eNOS in caveolae.
- Mineo C, Shaul PW Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 2012 729 51-62
- Coupling of Fc? receptor I to Fc? receptor IIb by SRC kinase mediates C-reactive protein impairment of endothelial function.
- Sundgren NC, Zhu W, Yuhanna IS, Chambliss KL, Ahmed M, Tanigaki K, Umetani M, Mineo C, Shaul PW Circ. Res. 2011 Oct 109 10 1132-40
- PON-dering differences in HDL function in coronary artery disease.
- Mineo C, Shaul PW J. Clin. Invest. 2011 Jul 121 7 2545-8
- Non-nuclear estrogen receptor signaling in the endothelium.
- Wu Q, Chambliss K, Umetani M, Mineo C, Shaul PW J. Biol. Chem. 2011 Apr 286 17 14737-43
- Antiphospholipid antibodies promote leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion and thrombosis in mice by antagonizing eNOS via ß2GPI and apoER2.
- Ramesh S, Morrell CN, Tarango C, Thomas GD, Yuhanna IS, Girardi G, Herz J, Urbanus RT, de Groot PG, Thorpe PE, Salmon JE, Shaul PW, Mineo C J. Clin. Invest. 2011 Jan 121 1 120-31
- New Insights into the Molecular Basis of the Antiphospholipid Syndrome.
- Mineo C, Shaul PW Drug Discov Today Dis Mech 2011 8 1-2 e47-e52
- Non-nuclear estrogen receptor alpha signaling promotes cardiovascular protection but not uterine or breast cancer growth in mice.
- Chambliss KL, Wu Q, Oltmann S, Konaniah ES, Umetani M, Korach KS, Thomas GD, Mineo C, Yuhanna IS, Kim SH, Madak-Erdogan Z, Maggi A, Dineen SP, Roland CL, Hui DY, Brekken RA, Katzenellenbogen JA, Katzenellenbogen BS, Shaul PW J. Clin. Invest. 2010 Jul 120 7 2319-30
- Signaling by the high-affinity HDL receptor scavenger receptor B type I.
- Saddar S, Mineo C, Shaul PW Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2010 Feb 30 2 144-50
- C-reactive protein inhibits insulin activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase via the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibition motif of FcgammaRIIB and SHIP-1.
- Tanigaki K, Mineo C, Yuhanna IS, Chambliss KL, Quon MJ, Bonvini E, Shaul PW Circ. Res. 2009 Jun 104 11 1275-82
- The scavenger receptor class B type I adaptor protein PDZK1 maintains endothelial monolayer integrity.
- Zhu W, Saddar S, Seetharam D, Chambliss KL, Longoria C, Silver DL, Yuhanna IS, Shaul PW, Mineo C Circ. Res. 2008 Feb 102 4 480-7
Mechanisms of Antiphospholipid Antibody-Mediated Pregnancy Morbidity. In Erkan D, Lockshin MD, eds. Antiphospholipid Syndrome: Current Research Highlights and Clinical Insights.
Salmon JE, Mineo C, Giles I, Chamley LW, Meroni PL, Abrahams VM. (2017). Springer International Publishing; 117-146.
Regulation of eNOS in Caveolae. In Jasmin J, Frank P, Lisanti MP, eds. Caveolins and Caveolae: Roles in Signaling and Disease Mechanisms.
Mineo C, Shaul PW. (2012). New York: Springer; 51-62.
- American Diabetes Association (2006)
- American Heart Association (2004)