Dr. Chieko Mineo received both her B.S and Ph.D. in Pharmacology from University of Tokyo. She received post-doctoral training in Cell Biology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Mineo joined the faculty in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2002. She is a member of the Integrative Biology Graduate Program in the Division of Basic Science.
- University of Tokyo (1982), Pharmacology
- Graduate School
- University of Tokyo (1992), Pharmacology
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction
- Vascular Biology and Atherosclerosis
- Bazedoxifene and Conjugated Estrogen Prevent Diet-induced Obesity, Hepatic Steatosis and Type 2 Diabetes in Mice Without Impacting the Reproductive Tract.
- Barrera J, Chambliss KL, Ahmed M, Tanigaki K, Thompson B, McDonald JG, Mineo C, Shaul PW Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 2014 Jun
- Recent insights into non-nuclear actions of estrogen receptor alpha.
- Banerjee S, Chambliss KL, Mineo C, Shaul PW Steroids 2013 Nov
- 27-Hydroxycholesterol Promotes Cell-Autonomous, ER-Positive Breast Cancer Growth.
- Wu Q, Ishikawa T, Sirianni R, Tang H, McDonald JG, Yuhanna IS, Thompson B, Girard L, Mineo C, Brekken RA, Umetani M, Euhus DM, Xie Y, Shaul PW Cell Rep 2013 Nov 5 3 637-45
- Inhibition of nitric oxide and antiphospholipid antibody-mediated thrombosis.
- Mineo C Curr Rheumatol Rep 2013 May 15 5 324
- Regulation of Signal Transduction by HDL.
- Mineo C, Shaul PW J. Lipid Res. 2013 May
- C-Reactive Protein Causes Insulin Resistance in Mice Through Fc? Receptor IIB-Mediated Inhibition of Skeletal Muscle Glucose Delivery.
- Tanigaki K, Vongpatanasin W, Barrera JA, Atochin DN, Huang PL, Bonvini E, Shaul PW, Mineo C Diabetes 2013 Mar 62 3 721-31
- Scavenger receptor class B type I is a plasma membrane cholesterol sensor.
- Saddar S, Carriere V, Lee WR, Tanigaki K, Yuhanna IS, Parathath S, Morel E, Warrier M, Sawyer JK, Gerard RD, Temel RE, Brown JM, Connelly M, Mineo C, Shaul PW Circ. Res. 2013 Jan 112 1 140-51
- Point mutations in the ERa Gai binding domain segregate nonnuclear from nuclear receptor function.
- Wu Q, Chambliss K, Lee WR, Yuhanna IS, Mineo C, Shaul PW Mol. Endocrinol. 2013 Jan 27 1 2-11
- Functions of scavenger receptor class B, type I in atherosclerosis.
- Mineo C, Shaul PW Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 2012 Oct 23 5 487-93
- Novel biological functions of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
- Mineo C, Shaul PW Circ. Res. 2012 Sep 111 8 1079-90
Mechanisms of Antiphospholipid Antibody-Mediated Pregnancy Morbidity. In Erkan D, Lockshin MD, eds. Antiphospholipid Syndrome: Current Research Highlights and Clinical Insights.
Salmon JE, Mineo C, Giles I, Chamley LW, Meroni PL, Abrahams VM. (2017). Springer International Publishing; 117-146.
Regulation of eNOS in Caveolae. In Jasmin J, Frank P, Lisanti MP, eds. Caveolins and Caveolae: Roles in Signaling and Disease Mechanisms.
Mineo C, Shaul PW. (2012). New York: Springer; 51-62.
- American Diabetes Association (2006)
- American Heart Association (2004)