The University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana)
BS, Genetics and Development
8/1984 - 5/1989
Duke University (Durham, NC)
Vann Bennett, mentor
Postdoctoral Fellow, Dr. Vann Bennett, PI
Duke University (Durham, NC) 5/1995-2/1996
Postdoctoral Fellow, Dr. Richard Anderson, PI
Instructor, Department of Cell Biology
Assistant Professor, Department of Cell Biology
- Univ of Illinois @ Urbana-Cham (1989), Biochemistry
- Graduate School
- Duke University (1995), Biochemistry
- Cancer biology - Role of cavin adaptors in signal transduction
- Choleolerol homeostasis - LDLR mediated lipoprotein uptake
- Nanosprings - use of ankyrin repeats to make nanospring nanodevices
- ARH is a modular adaptor protein that interacts with the LDL receptor, clathrin, and AP-2.
- He G, Gupta S, Yi M, Michaely P, Hobbs HH, Cohen JC J. Biol. Chem. 2002 Nov 277 46 44044-9
- Presence of oxidized cholesterol in caveolae uncouples active platelet-derived growth factor receptors from tyrosine kinase substrates.
- Liu P, Wang P, Michaely P, Zhu M, Anderson RG J. Biol. Chem. 2000 Oct 275 41 31648-54
- A requirement for ankyrin binding to clathrin during coated pit budding.
- Michaely P, Kamal A, Anderson RG, Bennett V J. Biol. Chem. 1999 Dec 274 50 35908-13
- Polarized distribution of endogenous Rac1 and RhoA at the cell surface.
- Michaely PA, Mineo C, Ying YS, Anderson RG J. Biol. Chem. 1999 Jul 274 30 21430-6
- Mechanism for binding site diversity on ankyrin. Comparison of binding sites on ankyrin for neurofascin and the Cl-/HCO3- anion exchanger.
- Michaely P, Bennett V J. Biol. Chem. 1995 Dec 270 52 31298-302
- The ANK repeats of erythrocyte ankyrin form two distinct but cooperative binding sites for the erythrocyte anion exchanger.
- Michaely P, Bennett V J. Biol. Chem. 1995 Sep 270 37 22050-7
- The membrane-binding domain of ankyrin contains four independently folded subdomains, each comprised of six ankyrin repeats.
- Michaely P, Bennett V J. Biol. Chem. 1993 Oct 268 30 22703-9
- The ANK repeat: a ubiquitous motif involved in macromolecular recognition.
- Michaely P, Bennett V Trends Cell Biol. 1992 May 2 5 127-9
- Feline cytotoxic large granular lymphocytes induced by recombinant human IL-2.
- Tompkins MB, Pang VF, Michaely PA, Feinmehl RI, Basgall EJ, Baszler TV, Zachary JF, Tompkins WA J. Immunol. 1989 Jul 143 2 749-54
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2007)
- American Heart Association (2006)