Jason Wachsmann, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Nuclear Medicine Division. He also is the Associate Medical Director of Imaging at Parkland Health and Hospital System. His clinical interests include positron emission tomography (PET) imaging.
Dr. Wachsmann holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of Texas at Austin, and he earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston. He completed a residency in radiology at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas and received advanced training in nuclear medicine through a fellowship program at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Wachsmann focuses his research on PET imaging. He is working on developing and investigating new tracers. His work has resulted in several original publications on the technology, including peer-reviewed research articles and a book chapter on thoracic imaging in PET Clinics.
An active participant in the development of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging initiatives, Dr. Wachsmann serves on a number of committees, both locally and nationally, and he is a member of the Radiological Society of North America, the American College of Radiology, the American College of Nuclear Medicine, and the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, among other professional organizations.
Dr. Wachsmann is a reviewer for Medicine and Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology, and he has contributed to the textbook Thorax: Normal and Benign Pathologic Patterns in FDG-PET/CT Imaging.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2007)
- Baylor University Medical Center (2012), Diagnostic Radiology
- Harvard Joint Program in Nuclear Medicine (2013), Nuclear Medicine
- V/Q Matched Defect Larger than Hiatal Hernia Itself.
- Wachsmann JW, Kim CK World J Nucl Med 2015 Sep-Dec 14 3 202-4
- Detection of Widespread Metastasis in a Case of Aggressive Carcinoma Showing Thymuslike Differentiation (CASTLE Disease) Using 18F-FDG PET/CT.
- Iyamu I, Wachsmann J, Truelson J, Mathews D, Peng F Clin Nucl Med 2015 Apr
- Molecular imaging and therapy targeting copper metabolism in hepatocellular
- Jason Wachsmann, Fangyu Peng World Journal of Gastroenterology 2015 22 1
- Positron emission tomography-computed tomography of esophageal adenocarcinoma with vascular invasion and tumor thrombus.
- Wachsmann J, Oza U, Latifi H Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2011 Oct 24 4 359-61
Thorax: Normal and Benign Pathologic Patterns in FDG-PET/CT Imaging. In PET Clinics
Wachsmann J, Gerbaudo VH (2014).
Honors & Awards
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Henkin Fellow
2014 Government Relations Fellow for the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (2014-2014)
- American College of Nuclear Medicine (2015)
- American College of Radiology (2013)
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular imaging (2013)
- Radiological Society of North America (2008)