Dr. Unni earned her medical degree from the University of Kerala, Government Medical College, in India. After completing an internal medicine residency at Saint Vincent Hospital, a teaching affiliate of the University of Massachusetts, she performed a clinical fellowship in transfusion medicine and blood banking at the Yale University School of Medicine – Yale New Haven Hospital, followed by a clinical fellowship in hematology and oncology at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, where she was chief fellow.
Board certified in internal medicine, hematology, and medical oncology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2013.
She is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Hematology, the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society.
Dr. Unni’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family, cooking, reading, and enjoying the great outdoors.
- Medical School
- Trivandrum Medical College, India (2003)
- Saint Vincent Hospital (2009), Internal Medicine
- Yale New Haven Hospital (2010), Blood Banking/transfusion Medicine
- UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (2013), Hematology Oncology
- HER-2/neu positive breast cancer
- Triple negative breast cancer
- Record fragmentation due to transfusion at multiple health care facilities: a risk factor for delayed hemolytic transfusion reactions.
- Unni N, Peddinghaus M, Tormey CA, Stack G Transfusion 2013 May
- American College of Physicians (2007-2010)
- American Society of Hematology (2011)
- American Society of Oncology (2011)
- Hemostasis & Thrombosis Research Society (2012-2013)