Dr. Unni is originally from India and received her initial medical training at the Medical College, Trivandrum, University of Kerala, India. She was attracted to this specialty early during her residency due to the close personal interaction and the ability to make a difference in the life of patients faced with a very grave diagnosis. She completed her hematology and medical oncology fellowship at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Dr. Unni brings to UTSW a strong background in general medical oncology, breast oncology, benign hematology, and medical education. She currently specializes in breast cancer, lung cancer and benign hematology. Dr. Unni is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology. Dr. Unni’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family, cooking, reading, and the great outdoors.
- Medical School
- Trivandrum Medical College (2003)
- Saint Vincent Hospital (2009), Internal Medicine
- Yale New Haven Hospital (2010), Blood Banking/transfusion Medicine
- UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (2013), Hematology Oncology
- HER-2/neu positive breast cancer
- Triple negative breast cancer
- Record fragmentation due to transfusion at multiple health care facilities: a risk factor for delayed hemolytic transfusion reactions.
- Unni N, Peddinghaus M, Tormey CA, Stack G Transfusion 2013 May
- Hemostasis & Thrombosis Research Society (2012-2013)
- American Society of Hematology (2011)
- American Society of Oncology (2011)
- American College of Physicians (2007-2010)