Dr. Mufti graduated from medical school in the UK and received his initial medical training at Kings College Hospital in London. After completing a Research Fellowship at the University of Michigan, he moved to the University of Chicago, where he subsequently completed his Internal Medicine internship and residency and Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology fellowships. His is one of the transplant hepatologists at UT Southwestern and his main research interest is acute chronic liver failure, a rapidly growing field of study and one he believes UTSW will make important contributions to in the future.
- Medical School
- United Medical Dental Schools of Guy's & St Thomas' Hospitals (1998)
- King's College Hospital, United Kingdom (2002), Internal Medicine
- Research Fellowship
- University of Michigan Hospitals (2007), Gastroenterology
- University of Chicago (2009), Internal Medicine
- University of Chicago Medical Center (2012), Gastroenterology
- University of Chicago Medical Center (2013), Transplant Hepatology
- Cirrhotic Cardiomyopathy
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis C
- Liver Transplant
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Prevalence, Severity, and Outcomes in the United States: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Rich NE, Oji S, Mufti AR, Browning JD, Parikh ND, Odewole M, Mayo H, Singal AG Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2017 Sep
- Novel Application of Extracorporeal Photopheresis as Treatment of Graft-versus-Host Disease Following Liver Transplantation.
- Brown TJ, Gentry C, Hammer ST, Hwang CS, Vusirikala M, Patel PA, Matevosyan K, Tujios SR, Mufti AR, Collins RH ACG Case Rep J 2017 4 e48
- SIMULTANEOUS LIVER KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION IN LIVER TRANSPLANT CANDIDATES WITH RENAL DYSFUNCTION: IMPORTANCE OF CREATININE LEVELS, DIALYSIS, AND ORGAN QUALITY IN SURVIVAL.
- Tanriover B, MacConmara MP, Parekh J, Arce C, Zhang S, Gao A, Mufti A, Levea SL, Sandikci B, Ayvaci MU, Ariyamuthu VK, Hwang C, Mohan S, Mete M, Vazquez MA, Marrero JA KI Rep 2016 Nov 1 4 221-229
- Liver disease in pregnancy.
- Mufti AR, Reau N Clin Liver Dis 2012 May 16 2 247-69
- XIAP: cell death regulation meets copper homeostasis.
- Mufti AR, Burstein E, Duckett CS Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 2007 Jul 463 2 168-74
- XIAP Is a copper binding protein deregulated in Wilson's disease and other copper toxicosis disorders.
- Mufti AR, Burstein E, Csomos RA, Graf PC, Wilkinson JC, Dick RD, Challa M, Son JK, Bratton SB, Su GL, Brewer GJ, Jakob U, Duckett CS Mol. Cell 2006 Mar 21 6 775-85
Does a sustained virologic response at week 72 indicate a cure in chronic hepatitis C virus?. In Controversies in Hepatology: The Experts Analyze Both Sides
Aronsohn A, Mufti AR, Reau N (2011).
Immunology and Haematology, 2nd Ed.
James Griffin, Saimah Arif, Arjmand Mufti (2003). London, UK, Elsevier Science Ltd.
Honors & Awards
- Best Outgoing Resident
University of Chicago Medical Center (2009)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- American Society of Transplantation (2012)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2011)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2009)