Dianne Mendelsohn, M.D., is a Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Neuroradiology Division. She also serves as Medical Director of the Algur H. Meadows Diagnostic Imaging Center. Her clinical interests include brain tumors, head and neck imaging, magnetic resonance (MR) angiography, MRI, and neuro-oncology.
Originally from South Africa, Dr. Mendelsohn earned her medical degree at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg. She performed her radiology residency at Johannesburg Hospital, and remained there to receive advanced training through a fellowship program in neuroradiology.
Dr. Mendelsohn focuses her research on head and neck radiology and neuroradiology. Her contributions to the field have resulted in her co-authoring nearly 80 original research articles and other publications. She has presented her findings at scientific conferences and professional meetings throughout the country and around the world.
She serves on several committees that are working to develop and update clinical protocols, and serves on the Radiology Resident Selection Committee and the Post Tenure Committee.
Dr. Mendelsohn is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American Society of Head and Neck Radiology, and the American Society of Neuroradiology.
- Medical School
- University of the Witwatersrand (1974)
- University of the Witwatersrand (1975), General Surgery
- University of the Witwatersrand (1975), Internal Medicine
- Baragwanath Hospital (1976), Pediatrics
- Johannesburg Hospital (1981), Diagnostic Radiology
- Johannesburg Hospital (1982), Neuroradiology
- Head and neck radiology
- Aneurysm clip testing for ferromagnetic properties: Clip variability issues (Devil's Advocate).
- Fleckenstein JL, Purdy PD, Mendelsohn DB, Chason DP, Ginsburg MI, Samson DS Radiology 1997 202 640-642
- Late MRI after head injury in children: Relationship to clinical features and outcome.
- Mendelsohn DB, Levin H, Bruce D, Lilly M, Harward H, Culhane K, Eisenberg H Child's Nervous System 1992 8 445-452
- Corpus callosum lesions after closed head injury in children: MRI, clinical features and outcome.
- Mendelsohn DB, Levin HS, Harward H, Bruce D Neuroradiology 1992 34 5 384-8
- Recurrent medulloblastoma: Frequency of tumor enhancement on Gd-DTPA MR imaging.
- Rollins N, Mendelsohn DB, Mulne A, Barton R, Diehl J, Reyes N, Sklar F American Journal of Neuroradiology 1990 11 583-587
- Computed tomography of intracerebral aeroceles following facial trauma.
- Mendelsohn DB, Hertzanu Y Radiology 1985 154 115-118
- Hypoxia imaging in brain tumors.
- Yetkin FZ, Mendelsohn DB Neuroimag Clin N Am 2002 12 537-552
- Safety of MR scanning in patients with nonferromagnetic aneurysm clips.
- Pride GL, Kowal J, Mendelsohn DB, Chason DP, Fleckenstein JL J Magn Reson Imaging 2000 Jul 12 1 198-200
- Clinical outcome of unilateral stereotactic pallidotomy without microelectrode recording for intractable Parkinson's disease.
- Dewey RB, Giller CA, Broline SK, Mendelsohn DB, Lacritz LH, Cullum CM Parkinsonism Relat. Disord. 2000 Jan 6 1 7-16
- Reduction of corpus callosum growth after severe traumatic brain injury in children.
- Levin HS, Benavidez DA, Verger-Maestre K, Perachio N, Song J, Mendelsohn DB, Fletcher JM Neurology 2000 54(3) 647-653
- Word fluency in relation to severity of closed head injury, associated frontal brain lesions, and age at injury in children.
- Levin HS, Song J, Ewing-Cobbs L, Chapman SB, Mendelsohn DB Brain & Language 2000 74(3) 546-548
- American Society of Neuroradiology (Senior Member)
- American Society of Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Texas Medical Association