Samir Babayev, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility specialist at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
He is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and in reproductive endocrinology and infertility by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Babayev is highly skilled in ovarian stimulation and in vitro fertilization (IVF) for infertility treatments as well as fertility preservation with embryo and oocyte freezing. He performs fertility-promoting surgeries such as laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, myomectomy, tubal reversals, and nonsurgical procedures such as intrauterine insemination (IUI).
Dr. Babayev completed a four-year residency in obstetrics and gynecology at New York Medical College where he was mentored by one of the world's foremost experts in fertility preservation, Kutluk Oktay, M.D. It was there that Dr. Babayev was involved with the world's first robotic assisted ovarian tissue transplantation. He then completed a three-year fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at UT Southwestern, where he trained under world’s renowned reproductive specialist, Bruce R. Carr, M.D.
Dr. Babayev is an associate editor for the journal Human Reproduction and also serves as a reviewer for the Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics.
Dr. Babayev was raised in Azerbaijan. He is fluent in Russian, Turkish and Azerbaijani. He enjoys chess, tennis, and soccer in his spare time.
Patient appointments – 214-645-3858 or 214-645-8300
- Medical School
- Istanbul Faculity of Medicine (2007)
- New York Medical College (2013), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Shifting paradigms in diminished ovarian reserve and advanced reproductive age in assisted reproduction: customization instead of conformity.
- Reed BG, Babayev SN, Bukulmez O Semin. Reprod. Med. 2015 May 33 3 169-78
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection indications: how rigorous?
- Babayev SN, Park CW, Bukulmez O Semin. Reprod. Med. 2014 Jul 32 4 283-90
- Evaluation of ovarian and testicular tissue cryopreservation in children undergoing gonadotoxic therapies.
- Babayev SN, Arslan E, Kogan S, Moy F, Oktay K J. Assist. Reprod. Genet. 2013 Jan 30 1 3-9
- Association of BRCA1 mutations with occult primary ovarian insufficiency: a possible explanation for the link between infertility and breast/ovarian cancer risks.
- Oktay K, Kim JY, Barad D, Babayev SN J. Clin. Oncol. 2010 Jan 28 2 240-4
Honors & Awards
- Best Resident Award
New York Medical College (2013)
- Medical Student Teaching Award
New York Medical College (2012)
- "Top ranked medical student
Third highest rank student in the class of 340 (Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey) (2005)
- "Best student research project"
Azerbaijan Medical University (2003)