James McCulley, M.D.
- Texas Christian University (1965)
- Medical School
- Washington University (1968)
- Acanthamoeba Keratitis
- Chronic Blepharitis
- Corneal transplantation
- Severe Infectious Disease
- Tissue culture of endothelium and epithelium
- The accuracy of the double-k adjustment for third-generation intraocular lens calculation formulas in previous keratorefractive surgery eyes.
- Awwad ST, Kilby A, Bowman RW, Verity SM, Cavanagh HD, Pessach Y, McCulley JP Eye Contact Lens 2013 May 39 3 220-7
- Sarnicola Air-Visco Bubble Technique in Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty.
- Muftuoglu O, Toro P, Hogan RN, Bowman RW, Cavanagh HD, McCulley JP, Mootha VV, Sarnicola V Cornea 2012 Nov
- Histopathology and spectral domain OCT findings of pneumatic-assisted dissection in DALK.
- Kim SY, Muftuoglu O, Hogan RN, Bowman RW, Cavanagh HD, McCulley JP, Mootha VV Cornea 2012 Nov 31 11 1288-93
- Quantitative 3-Dimensional Corneal Imaging In Vivo Using a Modified HRT-RCM Confocal Microscope.
- Petroll WM, Weaver M, Vaidya S, McCulley JP, Cavanagh HD Cornea 2012 Oct
- Resident experience with toric and multifocal intraocular lenses in a public county hospital system.
- Roensch MA, Charton JW, Blomquist PH, Aggarwal NK, McCulley JP J Cataract Refract Surg 2012 May 38 5 793-8
- Experimental transplantation of cultured human limbal and amniotic epithelial cells onto the corneal surface.
- He YG, Alizadeh H, Kinoshita K, McCulley JP Cornea 1999 Sep 18 5 570-9
- The pathogenesis of Acanthamoeba keratitis.
- Niederkorn JY, Alizadeh H, Leher H, McCulley JP Microbes Infect. 1999 May 1 6 437-43
- Results of a trial of combined propamidine isethionate and neomycin therapy for Acanthamoeba keratitis. Brolene Study Group.
- Hargrave SL, McCulley JP, Husseini Z Ophthalmology 1999 May 106 5 952-7
- The immunobiology of Acanthamoeba keratitis.
- Niederkorn JY, Alizadeh H, Leher HF, McCulley JP Springer Semin. Immunopathol. 1999 21 2 147-60
- Reliability of intraocular pressure measurements after myopic excimer photorefractive keratectomy.
- Abbasoglu OE, Bowman RW, Cavanagh HD, McCulley JP Ophthalmology 1998 Dec 105 12 2193-6
Honors & Awards
- D Magazine
Best Doctors in Dallas (2017)
- Texas Monthly Magazine
Super Doctors (2017)
- Distinguished Service Award (Texas Ophthalmological Association)
Highest honor bestowed by the TOA; a peer-recognized award acknowledging the recipient's lifelong dedication to ophthalmology patients and to the profession. (2016)
- Life Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Washington University Medical Center
Alumni Achievement Award (2008)
- Harvard Medical School (formerly Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary)
Distinguished Alumni Award (2006)
- TCU Alumni Association
Distinguished Alumni Award (2001)
- Castle Connolly
America's Top Doctors (2001 onwards)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Ophthalmological Society