Dr. Nida Zahra completed her medical school from Rawalpindi Medical College in Pakistan. For residency training she joined University of Tennessee Family Medicine Program in Memphis Tennessee. During her final year of training, she was elected by her Faculty Staff to be one of the Chief Residents and was also the Top Graduate in her class. After completion of her residency she joined UT Southwestern Family Medicine Primary Care Clinic as an Assistant Professor. Dr. Zahra is Board Certified in Family Medicine and she has a special interest in preventive health care, women’s health, adolescent medicine and management of chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Zahra likes to spend time with her family, cooking and reading. She has a special interest in diverse cultures, traveling and is also conversant in Spanish.
- Medical School
- Rawalpindi Medical College, Pakistan (2004)
- University of Tennessee Saint Francis Hospital (2010), Family Medicine
- University of Tennessee Saint Francis Hospital (2012), Family Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Clinical Excellence Award
Awarded by UT Southwestern Family Medicine Department in recognition for Clinical Excellence (2014)
- Physician Excellence Performance Award (PEP)
Awarded by UT Southwestern Family Medicine Department for most productive physician (2013)
- Chief Resident Award
- Outstanding Graduate Award
- American Board of Family Medicine (2012)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (2009)