- Medical School
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine (1983)
- McGill University Faculty of Medicine (1987), Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Medical Center (1992), Infectious Diseases
- antimicrobial resistance
- C. difficile
- healthcare associated infections
- infection prevention and control
- resistant gram negative infections
- S. aureus infections
- surgical site infections
- Healthcare personnel exposure in an emergency department during influenza season.
- Rule AM, Apau O, Ahrenholz SH, Brueck SE, Lindsley WG, de Perio MA, Noti JD, Shaffer RE, Rothman R, Grigorovitch A, Noorbakhsh B, Beezhold DH, Yorio PL, Perl TM, Fisher EM PLoS ONE 2018 13 8 e0203223
- Gonococcal Conjunctivitis: A Case Report of an Unusual Mode of Transmission.
- Bodurtha Smith AJ, Holzman SB, Manesh RS, Perl TM J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2017 Aug 30 4 501-502
- Pseudo-outbreak of Penicillium in an outpatient obstetrics and gynecology clinic.
- Sood G, Huber K, Dam L, Riedel S, Grubb L, Zenilman J, Perl TM, Argani C Am J Infect Control 2017 May 45 5 557-558
- Assessment of operating room airflow using air particle counts and direct observation of door openings.
- Teter J, Guajardo I, Al-Rammah T, Rosson G, Perl TM, Manahan M Am J Infect Control 2017 May 45 5 477-482
- Minimizing hair dispersal: Is this an opportunity for improvement in health care-acquired infection prevention?
- Mantyh CR, Xi H, Pearson L, Perl TM Am J Infect Control 2017 Mar 45 3 308-310
- Preparedness planning and care of patients under investigation for or with Ebola virus disease: A survey of physicians in North America.
- Lewis JD, Enfield KB, Perl TM, Sifri CD Am J Infect Control 2017 Jan 45 1 65-68
- Environmental Exposures and the Risk of Central Venous Catheter Complications and Readmissions in Home Infusion Therapy Patients.
- Keller SC, Williams D, Gavgani M, Hirsch D, Adamovich J, Hohl D, Krosche A, Cosgrove S, Perl TM Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2017 01 38 1 68-75
- Saccharomyces boulardii probiotic-associated fungemia: Questioning the safety of this preventive probiotic's use.
- Martin IW, Tonner R, Trivedi J, Miller H, Lee R, Liang X, Rotello L, Isenbergh E, Anderson J, Perl T, Zhang SX Diagn. Microbiol. Infect. Dis. 2016 Dec
- Preventing healthcare-associated transmission of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS): Our Achilles heel.
- Balkhy HH, Perl TM, Arabi YM J Infect Public Health 2016 May-Jun 9 3 208-12
- Treatment outcomes for patients with Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS CoV) infection at a coronavirus referral center in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Al Ghamdi M, Alghamdi KM, Ghandoora Y, Alzahrani A, Salah F, Alsulami A, Bawayan MF, Vaidya D, Perl TM, Sood G BMC Infect. Dis. 2016 Apr 16 174
- Professor and Chief of Infectious Diseases, UT Southwestern (2016)
- Assistant Professor to Professor, Johns Hopkins University (1996-2016)
- Assistant Professor, University of Iowa (1991-1995)
- FellowInfectious Diseases and Clinical Epidemiology, University of Iowa (1988-1991)