Clinical Psychologist, Children's Health
Assistant Professor, UT Southwestern Medical Center
Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship
Baylor College of Medicine / Texas Children's Hospital (2010-2012)
Predoctoral Psychology Internship
University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Medical Center (2009-2010)
- Oral Roberts University (2005), Psychology
- Graduate School
- Regent University (2008), Clinical Psychology
- Graduate School
- Regent University (2010), Clinical Psychology
- Adolescent nonsuicidal self-injury (NSSI)
- Interpersonal Psychological Theory of Suicide (IPTS)
- SOARS model: Risk assessment of nonsuicidal self-injury
- Westers, NJ, Muehlenkamp, JJ, & Lau, M Contemp Pediatr 2016 7 33 25-31
- Frequency and Methods of Nonsuicidal Self-Injury in Relation to Acquired Capability for Suicide Among Adolescents.
- Matney J, Westers NJ, Horton SE, King JD, Eaddy M, Emslie GJ, Kennard BD, Stewart SM Arch Suicide Res 2017 Jan
- Frequency of Exposure to and Engagement in Nonsuicidal Self-Injury Among Inpatient Adolescents.
- Zhu L, Westers NJ, Horton SE, King JD, Diederich A, Stewart SM, Kennard BD Arch Suicide Res 2016 Mar
- Violence and mental health: Trauma-informed practice and wellness approach to violence victimization.
- Westers, NJ, Kistin, C, Bair-Merritt, M Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews 2016 27 236-250
- Preliminary Examination of the Interpersonal Psychological Theory of Suicide in an Adolescent Clinical Sample.
- Horton SE, Hughes JL, King JD, Kennard BD, Westers NJ, Mayes TL, Stewart SM J Abnorm Child Psychol 2015 Dec
- An exploration of adolescent nonsuicidal self-injury and religious coping.
- Westers NJ, Rehfuss M, Olson L, Wiemann CM Int J Adolesc Med Health 2013 Oct 1-5
- The role of forgiveness in adolescents who engage in nonsuicidal self-injury.
- Westers NJ, Rehfuss M, Olson L, Biron D J. Nerv. Ment. Dis. 2012 Jun 200 6 535-41
- International Society for the Study of Self-Injury (2012)
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (2011)
- Texas Psychological Association (2011)
- American Psychological Association (2007)