Maria Veling, M.D.
Department Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Maria Veling completed surgical training at the University of Louisville in Louisville, KY. Early in her career she developed a special interest in the allergic patient, especially as it relates to otolaryngology. She went on to obtain Fellow status with the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy and has been involved in the care of the allergic patient for the last 17 years. Dr. Veling‘s areas of special interest are related to the interaction of allergies with common pediatric disorders including sinusitis, sleep disordered breathing and chronic otitis media. Dr. Veling speaks fluent Spanish.
- Medical School
- University of Louisville School of Medicine (1993)
- University of Louisville School of Medicine (1994), General Surgery
- University of Louisville School of Medicine (1998), Otolaryngology
- Pediatric Allergies
- Sleep Disordered Breathing
- The role of allergy in pediatric rhinosinusitis.
- Veling MC Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2013 Jun 21 3 271-6
- Food Allergy: State of the Science--Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Committee.
- Reisacher W, Damask C, Calhoun K, Veling M Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2011 Nov 145 5 713-6
- Food allergy in adults and children.
- Mahoney EJ, Veling MC, Mims JW Otolaryngol. Clin. North Am. 2011 Jun 44 3 815-33, xii
- Inhalant allergies in children.
- Mims JW, Veling MC Otolaryngol. Clin. North Am. 2011 Jun 44 3 797-814, xi
- A toddler with stridor.
- Lachman DC, Boyd JT, Veling MC, Hayes D Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2009 Oct 48 8 878-81
- Neurotrophins and tonsillar hypertrophy in children with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Goldbart AD, Mager E, Veling MC, Goldman JL, Kheirandish-Gozal L, Serpero LD, Piedimonte G, Gozal D Pediatr. Res. 2007 Oct 62 4 489-94
- Executive summary: asthma and the unified airway.
- Krouse JH, Veling MC, Ryan MW, Pillsbury HC, Krouse HJ, Joe S, Heller AJ, Han JK, Fineman SM, Brown RW Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2007 May 136 5 699-706
- Leukotriene modifier therapy for mild sleep-disordered breathing in children.
- Goldbart AD, Goldman JL, Veling MC, Gozal D Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2005 Aug 172 3 364-70
- Glucocorticoid receptor subunit expression in adenotonsillar tissue of children with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Goldbart AD, Veling MC, Goldman JL, Li RC, Brittian KR, Gozal D Pediatr. Res. 2005 Feb 57 2 232-6
- The treatment of allergic rhinitis with immunotherapy: a review of 1,000 cases.
- Veling MC, Trevino RJ Ear Nose Throat J 2001 Aug 80 8 542-3
Children with Allergic Disease as Adults. In Adults with Childhood Illnesses
Veling MC, Younes A, Haydon RC (2011). Walter, Inc
Children with Allergic Disease as Adults. In Allergy and Immunology: An Otolaryngic Approach
Trevino RJ, Gordon BR, Veling MC (2001). Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Honors & Awards
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
Golden Apple Award (2009)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
Honor Award (2009)
- Best Doctors in America
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy (1997)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery (1994)
- InterAmerican Association of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology (2011)
- The Society of University Otolaryngologists-Head and Neck Surgeons (2012)