Dr. Katy Lease Lonergan is originally from the east coast and received her undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Southern California. She completed medical school at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, MD. She was trained in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease at the University of California, San Francisco where she completed residency and fellowship. After working in clinical cardiology at Mills Peninsula Hospital in Burlingame, CA from 2008-2010, she returned to the University of California, San Francisco as a non-invasive cardiologist from 2010-2012. She joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2013 with an emphasis in general cardiology and non-invasive cardiac imaging. She has expertise in echocardiography as well as nuclear cardiology, and clinical interests include women’s cardiovascular health and heart disease in pregnancy. Outside of medicine, Dr. Lonergan enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and running.
- Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2002)
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine (2004), Internal Medicine
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine (2009), Cardiology
- Cardiac imaging
- Impaired regional left ventricular strain after repair of tetralogy of Fallot.
- Ordovas KG, Carlsson M, Lease KE, Foster E, Meadows AK, Martin AJ, Hope M, Do L, Higgins CB, Saeed M J Magn Reson Imaging 2012 Jan 35 1 79-85
- Clinical factors and echocardiographic techniques related to the presence, size, and location of acoustic windows for leadless cardiac pacing.
- DeFaria Yeh D, Lonergan KL, Fu D, Yeh RW, Echt DS, Foster E Europace 2011 Dec 13 12 1760-5
- Comparison of computed tomography angiography and transesophageal echocardiography for evaluating aortic arch disease.
- Barazangi N, Wintermark M, Lease K, Rao R, Smith W, Josephson SA J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2011 Sep-Oct 20 5 436-42
- New untwist on diastole: what goes around comes back.
- Foster E, Lease KE Circulation 2006 May 113 21 2477-9
- Protection against thrombosis in mice lacking PAR3.
- Weiss EJ, Hamilton JR, Lease KE, Coughlin SR Blood 2002 Nov 100 9 3240-4
- Genetic evidence that protease-activated receptors mediate factor Xa signaling in endothelial cells.
- Camerer E, Kataoka H, Kahn M, Lease K, Coughlin SR J. Biol. Chem. 2002 May 277 18 16081-7
Pulmonary Stenosis/Right Ventricular Outflow Obstruction. In "Pulmonary Stenosis/ Right Ventricular Outflow Obstruction" in Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Foster, E. and Lease, K. (2009). Oxford, UK, Blackwell Publlishing Ltd.
Honors & Awards
- Sarnoff Cardiovascular Research Foundation Fellowship
Research training for medical students (2000)
- American College of Cardiology (2010)