Katy Lonergan, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Division of Cardiology. Her clincical interests include general cardiology, noninvasive cardiac imaging, and women’s cardiac health, particularly pregnant women.
She received a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from the University of Southern California and earned her medical degree at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. She trained in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease at the University of California, San Francisco.
Board certified in cardiovascular disease, echocardiography, and nuclear cardiology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2013 and is part of the cardiology team at the Clinical Center in Park Cities.
Prior to joining UT Southwester, Dr. Lonergan worked in clinical cardiology at Mills-Peninsula Hospital in Burlingame, Calif., and at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Lonergan is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and has published book chapters, abstracts, and research articles in the Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, theJournal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease, and other medical periodicals.
In her downtime, Dr. Lonergan enjoys yoga, running, traveling, and spending time with her husband, who also is a physician, and their two children.
- Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2002)
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine (2004), Internal Medicine
- University of California San Francisco School of Medicine (2009), Cardiology
- Cardiac imaging
- Impaired regional left ventricular strain after repair of tetralogy of Fallot.
- Ordovas KG, Carlsson M, Lease KE, Foster E, Meadows AK, Martin AJ, Hope M, Do L, Higgins CB, Saeed M J Magn Reson Imaging 2012 Jan 35 1 79-85
- Clinical factors and echocardiographic techniques related to the presence, size, and location of acoustic windows for leadless cardiac pacing.
- DeFaria Yeh D, Lonergan KL, Fu D, Yeh RW, Echt DS, Foster E Europace 2011 Dec 13 12 1760-5
- Comparison of computed tomography angiography and transesophageal echocardiography for evaluating aortic arch disease.
- Barazangi N, Wintermark M, Lease K, Rao R, Smith W, Josephson SA J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2011 Sep-Oct 20 5 436-42
- New untwist on diastole: what goes around comes back.
- Foster E, Lease KE Circulation 2006 May 113 21 2477-9
- Protection against thrombosis in mice lacking PAR3.
- Weiss EJ, Hamilton JR, Lease KE, Coughlin SR Blood 2002 Nov 100 9 3240-4
- Genetic evidence that protease-activated receptors mediate factor Xa signaling in endothelial cells.
- Camerer E, Kataoka H, Kahn M, Lease K, Coughlin SR J. Biol. Chem. 2002 May 277 18 16081-7
Pulmonary Stenosis/Right Ventricular Outflow Obstruction. In "Pulmonary Stenosis/ Right Ventricular Outflow Obstruction" in Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Foster, E. and Lease, K. (2009). Oxford, UK, Blackwell Publlishing Ltd.
Honors & Awards
- Sarnoff Cardiovascular Research Foundation Fellowship
Research training for medical students (2000)
- American College of Cardiology (2010)