Chaofeng Yang, Ph.D.
Department Internal Medicine
Dr. Chaofeng Yang is originally from China and received his Ph.D. at the Texas A&M University Health Science Center, Houston, Texas. He did a brief postdoctoral fellowship in the Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Houston, working on endocrinal fibroblast growth hormones. He came to UTSW as a Postdoctoral Researcher in the laboratory of Dr. Perry Bickel in the Division of Endocrinology to study lipid droplet proteins. His research focuses on lipid droplets proteins in cells and their implications in lipid metabolism and metabolic syndrome with mouse models.
- (2016), Biotechnology
- Graduate School
- (2016), Biomedical Sciences
- Graduate School
- (2016), Biochemistry
- Lipid Droplets Biology
- Metabolic Syndrome in Mouse Models
- Nuclear Perilipin 5 integrates lipid droplet lipolysis with PGC-1a/SIRT1-dependent transcriptional regulation of mitochondrial function.
- Gallardo-Montejano VI, Saxena G, Kusminski CM, Yang C, McAfee JL, Hahner L, Hoch K, Dubinsky W, Narkar VA, Bickel PE Nat Commun 2016 7 12723
- Deficiency of metabolic regulator FGFR4 delays breast cancer progression through systemic and microenvironmental metabolic alterations.
- Luo Y, Yang C, Ye M, Jin C, Abbruzzese JL, Lee MH, Yeung SC, McKeehan WL Cancer Metab 2013 Nov 1 1 21
- Activation of Liver FGF21 in hepatocarcinogenesis and during hepatic stress.
- Yang C, Lu W, Lin T, You P, Ye M, Huang Y, Jiang X, Wang C, Wang F, Lee MH, Yeung SC, Johnson RL, Wei C, Tsai RY, Frazier ML, McKeehan WL, Luo Y BMC Gastroenterol 2013 13 67
- Control of lipid metabolism by adipocyte FGFR1-mediated adipohepatic communication during hepatic stress.
- Yang C, Wang C, Ye M, Jin C, He W, Wang F, McKeehan WL, Luo Y Nutr Metab (Lond) 2012 Oct 9 1 94
- Differential specificity of endocrine FGF19 and FGF21 to FGFR1 and FGFR4 in complex with KLB.
- Yang C, Jin C, Li X, Wang F, McKeehan WL, Luo Y PLoS ONE 2012 7 3 e33870
- The breadth of FGF21's metabolic actions are governed by FGFR1 in adipose tissue.
- Adams AC, Yang C, Coskun T, Cheng CC, Gimeno RE, Luo Y, Kharitonenkov A Mol Metab 2012 2 1 31-7
- Metabolic regulator betaKlotho interacts with fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4) to induce apoptosis and inhibit tumor cell proliferation.
- Luo Y, Yang C, Lu W, Xie R, Jin C, Huang P, Wang F, McKeehan WL J. Biol. Chem. 2010 Sep 285 39 30069-78
- Novel phosphotyrosine targets of FGFR2IIIb signaling.
- Luo Y, Yang C, Jin C, Xie R, Wang F, McKeehan WL Cell. Signal. 2009 Sep 21 9 1370-8
- Resident hepatocyte fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 limits hepatocarcinogenesis.
- Huang X, Yang C, Jin C, Luo Y, Wang F, McKeehan WL Mol. Carcinog. 2009 Jun 48 6 553-62
- FGFR4 prevents hyperlipidemia and insulin resistance but underlies high-fat diet induced fatty liver.
- Huang X, Yang C, Luo Y, Jin C, Wang F, McKeehan WL Diabetes 2007 Oct 56 10 2501-10
- American Heart Association (2013-2014)