Caitlin Murphy, PhD, MPH is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Population and Data Sciences.
As an epidemiologist with expertise in gastrointestinal cancers, Dr. Murphy's research focuses on understanding the causes and outcomes of colorectal cancer. She has experience conducting population-based research across the cancer care continuum, including etiology and risk assessment, screening, patterns of care delivery, and cancer survivorship.
Prior to joining the faculty at UT Southwestern, Dr. Murphy was a Fellow in the Digestive Disease Epidemiology Training Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She received her MPH in Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences from the University of Texas School of Public Health and PhD in Epidemiology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- New York University (2010), Sociology
- Graduate School
- Univ of Texas Health Science C (2011), Behavioral Science
- Graduate School
- University of N C-Chapel Hill (2016), Epidemiology
- Colorectal cancer incidence among Hispanics and non-Hispanic Whites in the United States.
- Garcia S, Pruitt SL, Singal AG, Murphy CC Cancer Causes Control 2018 Aug
- Racial and Ethnic Differences in Presentation and Outcomes of Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Rich NE, Hester C, Odewole M, Murphy CC, Parikh ND, Marrero JA, Yopp AC, Singal AG Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2018 May
- Polypharmacy and patterns of prescription medication use among cancer survivors.
- Murphy CC, Fullington HM, Alvarez CA, Betts AC, Lee SJC, Haggstrom DA, Halm EA Cancer 2018 Apr
- Adherence to colorectal cancer screening measured as the proportion of time covered.
- Murphy CC, Sigel BM, Yang E, Skinner CS, Halm EA, Gupta S, Sanders JM, McCallister K, Singal AG Gastrointest. Endosc. 2018 Feb
- Effect of hospital safety net designation on treatment use and survival in hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Mokdad AA, Murphy CC, Pruitt SL, Mansour JC, Marrero JA, Singal AG, Yopp AC Cancer 2017 Oct
- Effect of Colonoscopy Outreach vs Fecal Immunochemical Test Outreach on Colorectal Cancer Screening Completion: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Singal AG, Gupta S, Skinner CS, Ahn C, Santini NO, Agrawal D, Mayorga CA, Murphy C, Tiro JA, McCallister K, Sanders JM, Bishop WP, Loewen AC, Halm EA JAMA 2017 09 318 9 806-815
- RE: Colorectal Cancer Incidence Patterns in the United States, 1974-2013.
- Murphy CC, Sanoff HK, Stitzenberg KB, Baron JA, Sandler RS, Yang YC, Lund JL J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2017 Aug 109 8
- Accuracy of Referring Provider and Endoscopist Impressions of Colonoscopy Indication.
- Naveed M, Clary M, Ahn C, Kubiliun N, Agrawal D, Cryer B, Murphy C, Singal AG J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2017 Jul 15 7 920-925
- HCC Surveillance: Striving for a Better Balance of Benefits and Harms.
- Atiq O, Tiro J, Yopp AC, Muffler A, Marrero JA, Parikh ND, Murphy C, McCallister K, Singal AG Hepatology 2017 May
- Deconstructing Decisions to Initiate, Maintain, or Discontinue Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy in Breast Cancer Survivors: A Mixed-Methods Study.
- Bluethmann SM, Murphy CC, Tiro JA, Mollica MA, Vernon SW, Bartholomew LK Oncol Nurs Forum 2017 May 44 3 E101-E110
Honors & Awards
- AcademyHealth New Investigator Award
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- Founders Day Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement, New York University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Presidential Honors Scholar, New York University