Caitlin Murphy, PhD, MPH is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Population and Data Sciences.
As an epidemiologist with expertise in gastrointestinal cancers, Dr. Murphy's research focuses on understanding the causes and outcomes of colorectal cancer. She has experience conducting population-based research across the cancer care continuum, including etiology and risk assessment, screening, patterns of care delivery, and cancer survivorship.
Prior to joining the faculty at UT Southwestern, Dr. Murphy was a Fellow in the Digestive Disease Epidemiology Training Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She received her MPH in Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences from the University of Texas School of Public Health and PhD in Epidemiology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- New York University (2010), Sociology
- Graduate School
- Univ of Texas Health Science C (2011), Behavioral Science
- Graduate School
- University of N C-Chapel Hill (2016), Epidemiology
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy not Associated with Recurrence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in a Multicenter North American Cohort Study.
- Singal AG, Rich NE, Mehta N, Branch A, Pillai A, Hoteit M, Volk M, Odewole M, Scaglione S, Guy J, Said A, Feld JJ, John BV, Frenette C, Mantry P, Rangnekar AS, Oloruntoba O, Leise M, Jou JH, Bhamidimarri KR, Kulik L, Tran T, Samant H, Dhanasekaran R, Duarte-Rojo A, Salgia R, Eswaran S, Jalal P, Flores A, Satapathy SK, Wong R, Huang A, Misra S, Schwartz M, Mitrani R, Nakka S, Noureddine W, Ho C, Konjeti VR, Dao A, Nelson K, Delarosa K, Rahim U, Mavuram M, Xie JJ, Murphy CC, Parikh ND Gastroenterology 2019 Jan
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Roadmap to Reduce Incidence and Future Burden.
- Singal AG, Murphy CC J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2018 Dec
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma Surveillance: An effective but complex process.
- Singal AG, Murphy CC Gastroenterology 2018 Dec
- Screening initiation with FIT or colonoscopy: Post-hoc analysis of a pragmatic, randomized trial.
- Murphy CC, Ahn C, Pruitt SL, Hughes AE, Halm EA, Gupta S, Santini NO, McCallister K, Sanders JM, Singal AG, Skinner CS Prev Med 2018 Dec 118 332-335
- Use of age-period-cohort analysis in cancer epidemiology research.
- Murphy CC, Yang YC, Curr Epidemiol Rep 2018 Dec 5 4 418-431
- Impact of a Clinical Decision Support System on Guideline Adherence of Surveillance Recommendations for Colonoscopy After Polypectomy.
- Magrath M, Yang E, Ahn C, Mayorga CA, Gopal P, Murphy CC, Gupta S, Agrawal D, Halm EA, Borton EK, Skinner CS, Singal AG J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2018 Nov 16 11 1321-1328
- Burden and Cost of Gastrointestinal, Liver, and Pancreatic Diseases in the United States: Update 2018.
- Peery AF, Crockett SD, Murphy CC, Lund JL, Dellon ES, Williams JL, Jensen ET, Shaheen NJ, Barritt AS, Lieber SR, Kochar B, Barnes EL, Fan YC, Pate V, Galanko J, Baron TH, Sandler RS Gastroenterology 2018 Oct
- Endocrine Therapy Nonadherence and Discontinuation in Black and White Women.
- Wheeler SB, Spencer J, Pinheiro LC, Murphy CC, Earp JA, Carey L, Olshan A, Tse CK, Bell ME, Weinberger M, Reeder-Hayes KE J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2018 Sep
- Potential intended and unintended consequences of recommending initiation of colorectal cancer screening at age 45 years.
- Liang PS, Allison J, Ladabaum U, Martinez ME, Murphy CC, Schoen RE, Shaukat A, Tinmouth J, Gupta S Gastroenterology 2018 Aug
- Mailed Outreach Invitations Significantly Improve HCC Surveillance Rates in Patients with Cirrhosis: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Singal AG, Tiro JA, Murphy CC, Marrero JA, McCallister K, Fullington H, Mejias C, Waljee AK, Pechero Bishop W, Santini NO, Halm EA Hepatology 2018 Aug
Honors & Awards
- AcademyHealth New Investigator Award
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- Founders Day Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement, New York University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Presidential Honors Scholar, New York University