Caitlin Murphy, PhD, MPH is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Population and Data Sciences.
As an epidemiologist with expertise in gastrointestinal cancers, Dr. Murphy's research focuses on understanding the causes and outcomes of colorectal cancer. She has experience conducting population-based research across the cancer care continuum, including etiology and risk assessment, screening, patterns of care delivery, and cancer survivorship.
Prior to joining the faculty at UT Southwestern, Dr. Murphy was a Fellow in the Digestive Disease Epidemiology Training Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She received her MPH in Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences from the University of Texas School of Public Health and PhD in Epidemiology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- New York University (2010), Sociology
- Graduate School
- Univ of Tx Health Science Ctr (2011), Behavioral Science
- Graduate School
- University of N C-Chapel Hill (2016), Epidemiology
- Patient-Reported Barriers are Associated with Receipt of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Surveillance in a Multi-Center Cohort of Patients with Cirrhosis.
- Singal AG, Tiro JA, Murphy CC, Blackwell JM, Kramer JR, Khan A, Liu Y, Zhang S, Phillips JL, Hernaez R, Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2020 Jul
- Sex disparities in presentation and prognosis of 1110 patients with hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Rich NE, Murphy CC, Yopp AC, Tiro J, Marrero JA, Singal AG, Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 2020 Jun
- Survival analysis among unresectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma patients undergoing endoscopic or percutaneous interventions.
- Tavakkoli A, Elmunzer BJ, Waljee AK, Murphy CC, Pruitt SL, Zhu H, Rong R, Kwon RS, Scheiman JM, Rubenstein JH, Singal AG, Gastrointest. Endosc. 2020 Jun
- Challenges and approaches to measuring repeat fecal immunochemical test for colorectal cancer screening.
- Murphy CC, Halm EA, Skinner CS, Balasubramanian BA, Singal AG, Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 2020 May
- A randomized trial of mail and email recruitment strategies for a physician survey on clinical trial accrual.
- Murphy CC, Craddock Lee SJ, Geiger AM, Cox JV, Ahn C, Nair R, Gerber DE, Halm EA, McCallister K, Skinner CS, BMC Med Res Methodol 2020 May 20 1 123
- Colorectal neoplasia among patients with and without human immunodeficiency virus.
- Faqih A, Singal AG, Fullington HM, Hewitt B, Burstein E, Gopal P, Wylie A, Abrams J, Murphy CC, Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 2020 May
- Methodologic Considerations in Calculating and Analyzing Proportion of Time Covered as a Measure of Longitudinal Cancer Screening Adherence.
- Chubak J, Anderson ML, Cook AJ, Murphy CC, Jackson ML, Green BB, Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 2020 May
- A systematic review of repeat fecal occult blood tests for colorectal cancer screening.
- Murphy CC, Sen A, Watson B, Gupta S, Mayo H, Singal AG, Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 2019 Nov
- Is Colorectal Cancer in Patients Younger Than 50 Years of Age the Same Disease as in Older Patients?
- Dharwadkar P, Greenan G, Singal AG, Murphy CC, Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2019 Oct
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy for HCV Infection is Associated with Increased Survival in Patients With a History of Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Singal AG, Rich NE, Mehta N, Branch A, Pillai A, Hoteit M, Volk M, Odewole M, Scaglione S, Guy J, Said A, Feld JJ, John BV, Frenette C, Mantry P, Rangnekar AS, Oloruntoba O, Leise M, Jou JH, Bhamidimarri KR, Kulik L, Ioannou GN, Huang A, Tran T, Samant H, Dhanasekaran R, Duarte-Rojo A, Salgia R, Eswaran S, Jalal P, Flores A, Satapathy SK, Kagan S, Gopal P, Wong R, Parikh ND, Murphy CC, Gastroenterology 2019 Jul
Honors & Awards
- AcademyHealth New Investigator Award
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- Founders Day Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement, New York University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Presidential Honors Scholar, New York University