Originally from Chicago, Dr. Mehta holds a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, where she graduated summa cum laude, and completed her medical degree at the University of Miami. She completed internal medicine residency training at UT Southwestern and completed advanced training through a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in pulmonary and critical care medicine, Dr. Mehta joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Mehta is a member of the Supporting Women Achieving Greatness (SWAG) Committee and the Pulmonary Fellowship Curriculum Committee.
Dr. Mehta’s interests outside of medicine include Bollywood dancing as a BollyX Instructor, traveling, and listening to true crime podcasts.
- Medical School
- University of Miami School of Medicine (2013)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Advanced COPD Treatment
- Airway Centric Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Biologics in Asthma Treatment
Honors & Awards
- House Officer of Excellent Nominee
UT Southwestern Internal Medicine Residency Program (2014-2015)
- Intern Teaching Award Honorable Mention
UT Southwestern Internal Medicine Residency Program (2013-2014)
- Alpha Epsilon Lambda: Graduate Student's Honor Society
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2012-2013)
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Pulmonary Medicine (2019)
- American College of Chest Physicians (2018)
- American Thoracic Society (2019)