Wen Lai, M.D., is an Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a primary care physician at the UT Southwestern Clinical Center at Las Colinas.
Dr. Lai received her medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical School, where she also completed a residency in internal medicine.
After residency, Dr. Lai practiced at Vanderbilt University as an Instructor and at the Veteran Affairs Hospital in Nashville as a staff physician. In 2000, she returned to Dallas, joining the UT Southwestern faculty and serving as a staff physician at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Dallas. From 2007 to 2008, she was the Medical Director of the Hospitalist Program at Questcare Partners/Las Colinas Medical Center.
In 2008, Dr. Lai began practicing primary care at UT Southwestern’s main campus. She was the Medical Director of Parkland Center for Internal Medicine at Parkland Hospital from 2014 to 2016 before moving to the newly opened clinic in Las Colinas.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1994)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997), Internal Medicine
- Melanoma in African Americans
- Dowell, JE; Shen Y; Harford WV; Lai, W. Journal of Clinical Oncology May 2005 23(15) 3622-3624
- In search of affordable prescription medications
- Lai W and J Dowell Journal of the American Geriatric Society April 2005 53 (4) 739-740
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the anus in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Lai WS and JE Dowell Federal Practitioner 2005 22 58-61
- A Case of Gastrointestinal Zygomycosis in a Patient with Gastric Adenocarcinoma
- Lai W, Amirkhan RH, Revankar S. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice 2005 13(5) 271-273
- Survival in small cell lung cancer is independent of tumor expression of VEGF and COX-2.
- Dowell JE, Amirkhan RH, Lai WS et al. Anticancer Research 2004 24 2367-2374
- American College of Physicians
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Society of Hospital Medicine