Dr. Lacritz obtained her undergraduate degree in Psychology at UT Austin in 1989 with highest honors. She went on to obtain her doctorate degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Clinical Psychology where she served as Chief Resident. Dr. Lacritz completed a two-year postdoctoral fellowship at UT Southwestern in Neuropsychology from 1995 to 1997. She joined the UT Southwestern Faculty in 1997 where her departmental activities include neuropsychological/cognitive evaluation of persons with known or suspected neurological disorders, involvement with the Alzheimer’s Disease Center at UT Southwestern, and teaching/training of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. She serves as a member of the Steering,Clinical Training, Admissions and Research Committees in the doctoral Clinical Psychology program.
Dr. Lacritz’s clinical expertise is in the area of neuropsychological assessment, with particular interest in working with individuals who have dementia, epilepsy, movement disorders, brain tumors, multiple sclerosis and head injury. Dr. Lacritz’s research foci are in the areas of Alzheimer’s disease, mild cognitive impairment, movement disorders, epilepsy, and psychometric assessment. She is also interested in how to best use neuropsychological assessment in the early detection of dementia.
- University of Texas-Austin (1989), Psychology
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1994), Clinical Psychology
- Detection of cognitive change with interventions
- Early detection of dementia
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Test development and interpretation
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment Performance among Community-Dwelling African Americans.
- Rossetti HC, Lacritz LH, Hynan LS, Cullum CM, Van Wright A, Weiner MF Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2017 Mar 32 2 238-244
- Traumatic brain injury history is associated with earlier age of onset of Alzheimer disease.
- LoBue C, Wadsworth H, Wilmoth K, Clem M, Hart J, Womack KB, Didehbani N, Lacritz LH, Rossetti HC, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2017 Jan 31 1 85-98
- Predictors of Reversion from Mild Cognitive Impairment to Normal Cognition.
- Pandya SY, Lacritz LH, Weiner MF, Deschner M, Woon FL Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 2017 43 3-4 204-214
- Use of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment and Alzheimer's Disease-8 as cognitive screening measures in Parkinson's disease.
- Brown DS, Bernstein IH, McClintock SM, Munro Cullum C, Dewey RB, Husain M, Lacritz LH Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2016 Mar 31 3 264-72
- Self-Reported Traumatic Brain Injury and Mild Cognitive Impairment: Increased Risk and Earlier Age of Diagnosis.
- LoBue C, Denney D, Hynan LS, Rossetti HC, Lacritz LH, Hart J, Womack KB, Woon FL, Cullum CM J. Alzheimers Dis. 2016 51 3 727-36
- Normative data for the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) in a population-based sample.
- Rossetti HC, Lacritz LH, Cullum CM, Weiner MF Neurology 2011 Sep 77 13 1272-5
- The CERAD Neuropsychologic Battery Total Score and the progression of Alzheimer disease.
- Rossetti HC, Munro Cullum C, Hynan LS, Lacritz LH Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 2010 Apr-Jun 24 2 138-42
- Staging Dementia with Clinical Dementia Rating Scale Sum of Boxes Scores: A Texas Alzheimer?s Research Consortium Study
- O'Bryant, S.E., Waring, S.C., Cullum, C.M., Hall, J., Lacritz, L., Massman, P.J., Lupo, P.J., Reisch, J.S., Doody, R., and the Texas Alzheimer?s Research Consortium Archives of Clinical Neurology 2008 65 1091-1095
- Patterns of verbal memory performance in mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer?s disease and normal aging
- Greenaway, M.J., Lacritz, L.H., Binegar, D., Weiner, M.F., Lipton, A., & Cullum, C.M. Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology 2006 19 79-84
- A Total Score for the CERAD Neuropsychological Battery
- Chandler, M.J., Lacritz, L.H., Hynan, L.S., Barnard, H.D., Allen, D.G., Deschner, M., Weiner, M.F., & Cullum, C.M. Neurology 2005 65 102-106
Honors & Awards
- Regents Outstanding Teaching Award
The University of Texas System (2017)
- Distinguished Teaching Professor
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016)
- UT Kenneth I Shine, MD Academy of Health Science
UT System, Elected Member (2016)
- Southwestern Academy of Teachers (SWAT)
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Selected Member (2015)
- Most Influential Mentor
UT Southwestern Clinical Psychology Program (2013)
- Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology
American Psychological Association (2011)
- Outstanding Teacher Award
UT Southwestern Clinical Psychology Program (2009)
- Distinguished Alumni Award
UT Southwestern Clinical Psychology Program (2008)
National Academy of Neuropsychology (2005)
Patient Care and Service Recognition, UTSW (2005)
- Chief Resident
UT Southwestern Clinical Psychology program (1993)
- American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology
- American Psychological Association (Division 40)
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology