Research interests include psychosocial treatment of mental disorders, psychological factors influencing treatment adherence, and measuring needs and outcomes of persons with chronic psychiatric and medical disorders. Health services topics (e.g., cost-outcome methodology, factors influencing utilization of care, service delivery system changes influencing functional outcomes) are also of interest. Clinical interests include adjustment to living with chronic or terminal illness, cognitive therapy for mood, anxiety, and eating disorders, couples treatment, and serving the mental health needs of those with medical illness.
- Undergraduate School
- Phillips University (1985), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas at Tyler (1987)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (1996), Clinical Psychology
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1998)
- Cognitive behavioral interventions with the medically ill.
- Measuring needs and outcomes of persons with chronic psychiatric and medical disorders.
- Psychological factors influencing treatment adherence.
- Psychosocial treatment of mental disorders.
- Which depressive symptoms remain after response to cognitive therapy of depression and predict relapse and recurrence?
- Taylor DJ, Walters HM, Vittengl JR, Krebaum S, Jarrett RB J Affect Disord 2010 Jun 123 1-3 181-7
- Time to Relapse Questionnaire (TRQ): a measure of sudden relapse in substance dependence.
- Adinoff B, Talmadge C, Williams MJ, Schreffler E, Jackley PK, Krebaum SR Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 2010 May 36 3 140-9
- Dissection of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis pathology in 1-month-abstinent alcohol-dependent men, part 2: response to ovine corticotropin-releasing factor and naloxone.
- Adinoff B, Krebaum SR, Chandler PA, Ye W, Brown MB, Williams MJ Alcohol. Clin. Exp. Res. 2005 Apr 29 4 528-37
- Dissection of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis pathology in 1-month-abstinent alcohol-dependent men, part 1: adrenocortical and pituitary glucocorticoid responsiveness.
- Adinoff B, Krebaum SR, Chandler PA, Ye W, Brown MB, Williams MJ Alcohol. Clin. Exp. Res. 2005 Apr 29 4 517-27
- Increased salivary cortisol concentrations during chronic alcohol intoxication in a naturalistic clinical sample of men.
- Adinoff B, Ruether K, Krebaum S, Iranmanesh A, Williams MJ Alcohol. Clin. Exp. Res. 2003 Sep 27 9 1420-7
- The Impulsive Relapse Questionnaire: A measure of automaticity in substance dependence
- Krebaum, S.R., Jackley, P.K., & Adinoff, B. Drug & Alcohol Dependence 2002 66/Suppl.1 S96
- The Impulsive Relapse Questionnaire: Psychometric development and validation
- Krebaum, S.R., Jackley, P.K., & Adinoff, B. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 2002 25/5 156A
Outcome measures of depression. Basco, M.R., Krebaum, S.R., & Rush, A.J. In H.H. Strupp, L.M. Horowitz, & M.J. Lambert (Eds.), Measuring patient changes in mood, anxiety, and personality disorders: Toward a core battery
(1997). Washington, DC, American Psychological Association.
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teacher Award
Clinical Psychology Program, UT Southwestern (2008)
- Dallas Psychological Association Dissertation Research Award
- Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Award
Graduate student award for community service (1992)