In 1989, Dr. Krämer completed his Ph.D. at the University of Cologne, Germany, where he worked with Dr. Benno Mülller-Hill on DNA looping in the lac operon. As a postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Dr. Larry Zipursky at UCLA, he studied cell-cell interactions during neuronal differentiation in the compound eye of Drosophila. In 1993, he joined UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas as an Assistant Professor in Cell Biology and Neuroscience.
- Graduate School
- Cologne University (1989), Genetics
- Cell signaling in the Drosophila eye
- Drosophila genetics
- Endocytic trafficking in development
- Membrane trafficking and autophagy
- Neuralized: regulating notch by putting away delta.
- Krämer H Dev. Cell 2001 Dec 1 6 725-6
- The Golgi-associated hook3 protein is a member of a novel family of microtubule-binding proteins.
- Walenta JH, Didier AJ, Liu X, Krämer H J. Cell Biol. 2001 Mar 152 5 923-34
- Drosophila endosomal proteins hook and deep orange regulate synapse size but not synaptic vesicle recycling.
- Narayanan R, Krämer H, Ramaswami M J. Neurobiol. 2000 Nov 45 2 105-19
- A role for the deep orange and carnation eye color genes in lysosomal delivery in Drosophila.
- Sevrioukov EA, He JP, Moghrabi N, Sunio A, Krämer H Mol. Cell 1999 Oct 4 4 479-86
- Genetic dissection of endocytic trafficking in Drosophila using a horseradish peroxidase-bride of sevenless chimera: hook is required for normal maturation of multivesicular endosomes.
- Sunio A, Metcalf AB, Krämer H Mol. Biol. Cell 1999 Apr 10 4 847-59
- Mutations in the Drosophila hook gene inhibit endocytosis of the boss transmembrane ligand into multivesicular bodies.
- Krämer H, Phistry M J. Cell Biol. 1996 Jun 133 6 1205-15
- Extracellular domain of the boss transmembrane ligand acts as an antagonist of the sev receptor.
- Hart AC, Krämer H, Zipursky SL Nature 1993 Feb 361 6414 732-6
- The bride of sevenless and sevenless interaction: internalization of a transmembrane ligand.
- Cagan RL, Krämer H, Hart AC, Zipursky SL Cell 1992 May 69 3 393-9
- Interaction of bride of sevenless membrane-bound ligand and the sevenless tyrosine-kinase receptor.
- Krämer H, Cagan RL, Zipursky SL Nature 1991 Jul 352 6332 207-12
Honors & Awards
- American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship
- EMBO Long Term Fellowship
- Predoctoral Fellowship in the Fritz-Thyssen-Graduierten-Kolleg