In 1989, Dr. Krämer completed his Ph.D. at the University of Cologne, Germany, where he worked with Dr. Benno Mülller-Hill on DNA looping in the lac operon. As a postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Dr. Larry Zipursky at UCLA, he studied cell-cell interactions during neuronal differentiation in the compound eye of Drosophila. In 1993, he joined UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas as an Assistant Professor in Cell Biology and Neuroscience.
- Graduate School
- Cologne University (1989), Genetics
- Cell signaling in the Drosophila eye
- Drosophila genetics
- Endocytic trafficking in development
- Membrane trafficking and autophagy
- Hook2 is involved in the morphogenesis of the primary cilium.
- Baron Gaillard CL, Pallesi-Pocachard E, Massey-Harroche D, Richard F, Arsanto JP, Chauvin JP, Lecine P, Krämer H, Borg JP, Le Bivic A Mol. Biol. Cell 2011 Dec 22 23 4549-62
- AP-1 and clathrin are essential for secretory granule biogenesis in Drosophila.
- Burgess J, Jauregui M, Tan J, Rollins J, Lallet S, Leventis PA, Boulianne GL, Chang HC, Le Borgne R, Krämer H, Brill JA Molecular biology of the cell 2011 Jun 22 12 2094-105
- The full-of-bacteria gene is required for phagosome maturation during immune defense in Drosophila.
- Akbar MA, Tracy C, Kahr WH, Krämer H J. Cell Biol. 2011 Feb 192 3 383-90
- Drosophila acinus encodes a novel regulator of endocytic and autophagic trafficking.
- Haberman AS, Akbar MA, Ray S, Krämer H Development 2010 Jul 137 13 2157-66
- The SM protein Car/Vps33A regulates SNARE-mediated trafficking to lysosomes and lysosome-related organelles.
- Akbar MA, Ray S, Krämer H Mol. Biol. Cell 2009 Mar 20 6 1705-14
- Dynamin-independent synaptic vesicle retrieval?
- Krämer H, Kavalali ET Nat. Neurosci. 2008 Jan 11 1 6-8
- Hook2 localizes to the centrosome, binds directly to centriolin/CEP110 and contributes to centrosomal function.
- Szebenyi G, Hall B, Yu R, Hashim AI, Krämer H Traffic 2007 Jan 8 1 32-46
- Hook2 contributes to aggresome formation.
- Szebenyi G, Wigley WC, Hall B, Didier A, Yu M, Thomas P, Krämer H BMC Cell Biol. 2007 8 19
- Drosophila Vps16A is required for trafficking to lysosomes and biogenesis of pigment granules.
- Pulipparacharuvil S, Akbar MA, Ray S, Sevrioukov EA, Haberman AS, Rohrer J, Krämer H J. Cell. Sci. 2005 Aug 118 Pt 16 3663-73
- A mutation in dVps28 reveals a link between a subunit of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-I complex and the actin cytoskeleton in Drosophila.
- Sevrioukov EA, Moghrabi N, Kuhn M, Krämer H Mol. Biol. Cell 2005 May 16 5 2301-12
Honors & Awards
- American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship
- EMBO Long Term Fellowship
- Predoctoral Fellowship in the Fritz-Thyssen-Graduierten-Kolleg