In 1989, Dr. Krämer completed his Ph.D. at the University of Cologne, Germany, where he worked with Dr. Benno Mülller-Hill on DNA looping in the lac operon. As a postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Dr. Larry Zipursky at UCLA, he studied cell-cell interactions during neuronal differentiation in the compound eye of Drosophila. In 1993, he joined UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas as an Assistant Professor in Cell Biology and Neuroscience.
- Graduate School
- Cologne University (1989), Genetics
- Cell signaling in the Drosophila eye
- Drosophila genetics
- Endocytic trafficking in development
- Membrane trafficking and autophagy
- Fic-mediated deAMPylation is not dependent on homo-dimerization and rescues toxic AMPylation in flies.
- Casey AK, Moehlman AT, Zhang J, Servage KA, Krämer H, Orth K J. Biol. Chem. 2017 Oct
- Unfolded protein response-regulated dFic reversibly AMPylates BiP during endoplasmic reticulum homeostasis.
- Ham H, Woolery AR, Tracy C, Stenesen D, Krämer H, Orth K J. Biol. Chem. 2014 Nov
- Drosophila melanogaster Cellular Repressor of E1A-stimulated Genes is a lysosomal protein essential for fly development.
- Kowalewski-Nimmerfall E, Schähs P, Maresch D, Rendic D, Krämer H, Mach L Biochim. Biophys. Acta 2014 Aug
- Interaction of the HOPS complex with Syntaxin 17 mediates autophagosome clearance in Drosophila.
- Takáts S, Pircs K, Nagy P, Varga A, Kárpáti M, Hegedus K, Kramer H, Kovács AL, Sass M, Juhász G Mol. Biol. Cell 2014 Feb
- Route to destruction: Autophagosomes SNARE lysosomes.
- Krämer H J. Cell Biol. 2013 May 201 4 495-7
- Microtubule-dependent endosomal sorting of clathrin-independent cargo by Hook1.
- Maldonado-Báez L, Cole NB, Krämer H, Donaldson JG J. Cell Biol. 2013 Apr 201 2 233-47
- Drosophila mauve Mutants Reveal a Role of LYST Homologs Late in the Maturation of Phagosomes and Autophagosomes.
- Rahman M, Haberman A, Tracy C, Ray S, Krämer H Traffic 2012 Dec 13 12 1680-92
- The VPS33B-binding protein VPS16B is required in megakaryocyte and platelet a-granule biogenesis.
- Urban D, Li L, Christensen H, Pluthero FG, Chen SZ, Puhacz M, Garg PM, Lanka KK, Cummings JJ, Kramer H, Wasmuth JD, Parkinson J, Kahr WH Blood 2012 Dec 120 25 5032-40
- Type II phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase regulates trafficking of secretory granule proteins in Drosophila.
- Burgess J, Del Bel LM, Ma CI, Barylko B, Polevoy G, Rollins J, Albanesi JP, Krämer H, Brill JA Development 2012 Aug 139 16 3040-50
- Visual neurotransmission in Drosophila requires expression of Fic in glial capitate projections.
- Rahman M, Ham H, Liu X, Sugiura Y, Orth K, Krämer H Nature neuroscience 2012 Apr
Honors & Awards
- American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship
- EMBO Long Term Fellowship
- Predoctoral Fellowship in the Fritz-Thyssen-Graduierten-Kolleg