In 1989, Dr. Krämer completed his Ph.D. at the University of Cologne, Germany, where he worked with Dr. Benno Mülller-Hill on DNA looping in the lac operon. As a postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Dr. Larry Zipursky at UCLA, he studied cell-cell interactions during neuronal differentiation in the compound eye of Drosophila. In 1993, he joined UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas as an Assistant Professor in Cell Biology and Neuroscience.
- Graduate School
- Cologne University (1989), Genetics
- Cell signaling in the Drosophila eye
- Drosophila genetics
- Endocytic trafficking in development
- Membrane trafficking and autophagy
- A phosphoswitch at acinus-serine437 controls autophagic responses to cadmium exposure and neurodegenerative stress.
- Nandi N, Zaidi Z, Tracy C, Krämer H, Elife 2022 Jan 11
- Yorkie Growth-Promoting Activity Is Limited by Atg1-Mediated Phosphorylation.
- Tyra LK, Nandi N, Tracy C, Krämer H, Dev. Cell 2020 Feb
- Adaptation to constant light requires Fic-mediated AMPylation of BiP to protect against reversible photoreceptor degeneration.
- Moehlman AT, Casey AK, Servage K, Orth K, Krämer H Elife 2018 Jul 7
- Stress-induced Cdk5 activity enhances cytoprotective basal autophagy in Drosophila melanogaster by phosphorylating acinus at serine437.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Stenesen D, Krämer H Elife 2017 Dec 6
- ARC Syndrome-Linked Vps33B Protein Is Required for Inflammatory Endosomal Maturation and Signal Termination.
- Akbar MA, Mandraju R, Tracy C, Hu W, Pasare C, Krämer H Immunity 2016 Aug
- The carcinine transporter CarT is required in Drosophila photoreceptor neurons to sustain histamine recycling.
- Stenesen D, Moehlman AT, Krämer H Elife 2015 Dec 4
- Autophagy Keeps the Balance in Tissue Homeostasis.
- Buszczak M, Krämer H, Dev. Cell 2019 May 49 4 499-500
- Drosophila p53 directs non-apoptotic programs in postmitotic tissue.
- Kurtz P, Jones AE, Tiwari B, Link N, Wylie A, Tracy C, Krämer H, Abrams JM Mol. Biol. Cell 2019 Mar mbcE18120791
- The glial sodium-potassium-2-chloride cotransporter is required for synaptic transmission in the Drosophila visual system.
- Stenesen D, Moehlman AT, Schellinger JN, Rodan AR, Krämer H Sci Rep 2019 Feb 9 1 2475
- Intracellular Chloride and Scaffold Protein Mo25 Cooperatively Regulate Transepithelial Ion Transport through WNK Signaling in the Malpighian Tubule.
- Sun Q, Wu Y, Jonusaite S, Pleinis JM, Humphreys JM, He H, Schellinger JN, Akella R, Stenesen D, Krämer H, Goldsmith EJ, Rodan AR J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2018 Mar
Honors & Awards
- American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship
- EMBO Long Term Fellowship
- Predoctoral Fellowship in the Fritz-Thyssen-Graduierten-Kolleg