In 1989, Dr. Krämer completed his Ph.D. at the University of Cologne, Germany, where he worked with Dr. Benno Mülller-Hill on DNA looping in the lac operon. As a postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Dr. Larry Zipursky at UCLA, he studied cell-cell interactions during neuronal differentiation in the compound eye of Drosophila. In 1993, he joined UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas as an Assistant Professor in Cell Biology and Neuroscience.
- Graduate School
- Cologne University (1989), Genetics
- Cell signaling in the Drosophila eye
- Drosophila genetics
- Endocytic trafficking in development
- Membrane trafficking and autophagy
- Stress-induced Cdk5 activity enhances cytoprotective basal autophagy in Drosophila melanogaster by phosphorylating acinus at serine437.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Stenesen D, Krämer H Elife 2017 Dec 6
- ARC Syndrome-Linked Vps33B Protein Is Required for Inflammatory Endosomal Maturation and Signal Termination.
- Akbar MA, Mandraju R, Tracy C, Hu W, Pasare C, Krämer H Immunity 2016 Aug
- The carcinine transporter CarT is required in Drosophila photoreceptor neurons to sustain histamine recycling.
- Stenesen D, Moehlman AT, Krämer H Elife 2015 Dec 4
- Acinus integrates AKT1 and subapoptotic caspase activities to regulate basal autophagy.
- Nandi N, Tyra LK, Stenesen D, Krämer H J. Cell Biol. 2014 Oct 207 2 253-68
- Visual neurotransmission in Drosophila requires expression of Fic in glial capitate projections.
- Rahman M, Ham H, Liu X, Sugiura Y, Orth K, Krämer H Nature neuroscience 2012 Apr
- Intracellular Chloride and Scaffold Protein Mo25 Cooperatively Regulate Transepithelial Ion Transport through WNK Signaling in the Malpighian Tubule.
- Sun Q, Wu Y, Jonusaite S, Pleinis JM, Humphreys JM, He H, Schellinger JN, Akella R, Stenesen D, Krämer H, Goldsmith EJ, Rodan AR J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2018 Mar
- Fic-mediated deAMPylation is not dependent on homo-dimerization and rescues toxic AMPylation in flies.
- Casey AK, Moehlman AT, Zhang J, Servage KA, Krämer H, Orth K J. Biol. Chem. 2017 Oct
- Unfolded protein response-regulated dFic reversibly AMPylates BiP during endoplasmic reticulum homeostasis.
- Ham H, Woolery AR, Tracy C, Stenesen D, Krämer H, Orth K J. Biol. Chem. 2014 Nov
- Drosophila melanogaster Cellular Repressor of E1A-stimulated Genes is a lysosomal protein essential for fly development.
- Kowalewski-Nimmerfall E, Schähs P, Maresch D, Rendic D, Krämer H, Mach L Biochim. Biophys. Acta 2014 Aug
- Interaction of the HOPS complex with Syntaxin 17 mediates autophagosome clearance in Drosophila.
- Takáts S, Pircs K, Nagy P, Varga A, Kárpáti M, Hegedus K, Kramer H, Kovács AL, Sass M, Juhász G Mol. Biol. Cell 2014 Feb
Honors & Awards
- American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship
- EMBO Long Term Fellowship
- Predoctoral Fellowship in the Fritz-Thyssen-Graduierten-Kolleg