Rustin Morse received his is Bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York at Oswego and his Medical Degree from the State University of New York – Upstate Medical Center. He then completed his pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois.
After finishing his fellowship in 2001, he joined the medical staff at Phoenix Children’s Hospital where he served as the Associate Director in the emergency department and Medical Director for Quality for the hospital. In 2012, after receiving a Master’s degree in Medical Management from the University of Southern California, Rustin joined Children’s Medical Center as the Vice President of Quality and Chief Quality and was appointed to the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Pediatrics faculty as an Associate Professor. In addition to his administrative responsibilities, Dr. Morse continues to practice pediatric emergency medicine and participate in research initiatives evaluating quality measurement, improvement methodologies, and patient safety.
- SUNY College at Oswego (1991)
- Medical School
- SUNY Health Science Center at (1995), Medicine
- Health Services Research
- Patient Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Measurement
- Children's Hospitals with Shorter Lengths of Stay Do Not Have Higher Readmission Rates.
- Morse RB, Hall M, Fieldston ES, Goodman DM, Berry JG, Gay JC, Sills MR, Srivastava R, Frank G, Hain PD, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2013 May
- Hospital-level compliance with asthma care quality measures at children's hospitals and subsequent asthma-related outcomes.
- Morse RB, Hall M, Fieldston ES, McGwire G, Anspacher M, Sills MR, Williams K, Oyemwense N, Mann KJ, Simon HK, Shah SS JAMA 2011 Oct 306 13 1454-60
- Characteristics of Children Enrolled in Medicaid With High-Frequency Emergency Department Use.
- Peltz A, Samuels-Kalow ME, Rodean J, Hall M, Alpern ER, Aronson PL, Berry JG, Shaw KN, Morse RB, Freedman SB, Cohen E, Simon HK, Shah SS, Katsogridakis Y, Neuman MI Pediatrics 2017 Aug
- Adding Social Determinant Data Changes Children's Hospitals' Readmissions Performance.
- Sills MR, Hall M, Cutler GJ, Colvin JD, Gottlieb LM, Macy ML, Bettenhausen JL, Morse RB, Fieldston ES, Raphael JL, Auger KA, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2017 May
- Rising utilization of inpatient pediatric asthma pathways.
- Kaiser SV, Rodean J, Bekmezian A, Hall M, Shah SS, Mahant S, Parikh K, Morse R, Puls H, Cabana MD J Asthma 2017 May 1-12
- Racial and Ethnic Differences in Pediatric Readmissions for Common Chronic Conditions.
- Parikh K, Berry J, Hall M, Mussman GM, Montalbano A, Thomson J, Morse R, Wilson KM, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2017 Apr
- Delayed Diagnoses in Children with Constipation: Multicenter Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Freedman SB, Rodean J, Hall M, Alpern ER, Aronson PL, Simon HK, Shah SS, Marin JR, Cohen E, Morse RB, Katsogridakis Y, Berry JG, Neuman MI J. Pediatr. 2017 Apr
- Children's Hospital Characteristics and Readmission Metrics.
- Auger KA, Teufel RJ, Harris JM, Gay JC, Del Beccaro MA, Neuman MI, Tejedor-Sojo J, Agrawal RK, Morse RB, Eghtesady P, Simon HK, McClead RE, Fieldston ES, Shah SS Pediatrics 2017 Jan
- Impact of Chronic Conditions on Emergency Department Visits of Children Using Medicaid.
- Berry JG, Rodean J, Hall M, Alpern ER, Aronson PL, Freedman SB, Brousseau DC, Shah SS, Simon HK, Cohen E, Marin JR, Morse RB, O'Neill M, Neuman MI J. Pediatr. 2016 Dec
- Long length of hospital stay in children with medical complexity.
- Gold JM, Hall M, Shah SS, Thomson J, Subramony A, Mahant S, Mittal V, Wilson KM, Morse R, Mussman GM, Hametz P, Montalbano A, Parikh K, Ishman S, O'Neill M, Berry JG J Hosp Med 2016 Jul
Rapid Sequence Intubation. In Pediatric Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, 2nd edition, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, S. Lelyveld, R. Schafermeyer, eds.
Morse RB, Arteaga G (2002). McGraw-Hill
Rapid Sequence Intubation. In Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts, 1st edition, G. Strange, W. Ahrens, R. Schafermeyer, R. Wiebe, V. Dobiesz, H. Prendergast, eds.
Morse RB, Arteaga G, Ahrens WR, Dobiesz VA (2004). McGraw-Hill
Honors & Awards
- One of 50 Experts Leading the Field in Patient Safety
Becker's Hospital Review (2017)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association for Physician Leadership