Kiran Batra, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Cardiothoracic Imaging Division. Her clinical interests include pulmonary medicine and pathology, and interstitial lung disease.
Dr. Batra earned her medical degree at Lady Hardinge Medical College in New Delhi, India. She completed residency training in radiology at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia and then received advanced training in cross-sectional imaging through a fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. She is board certified to practice radiology in both India and the U.S.
Dr. Batra focuses much of her research on interstitial lung disease. Her active involvement in pulmonary medicine and pathology led to the formation of a multidisciplinary team that was instrumental in UT Southwestern achieving accreditation by the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (PFF) Care Center Network. UT Southwestern is part of a system of PFF Care Center Network Sites that provide efficient care coordination, expert diagnosis, and management of pulmonary fibrosis. The group strives to improve patient outcomes and promote quality pulmonary care across multiple institutions.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Batra plays an important role as acting member on the Lung Transplant Selection Committee. She is a member of various national and international professional organizations, including the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the Radiological Society of North America, and the American College of Radiology.
- Medical School
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, India (1995)
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, India (1996), Physiology
- Medical School
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, India (1999)
- Medical School
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (2002)
- Hahnemann Univ. Hosp. - Drexel Univ. Coll. of Med. (2008), Radiology
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (2011), Cross Sectional Imaging
- Cardiac Imaging
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Lung Transplantation
- Occupational Lung Diseases
- Post-Transplant Complications in Lung
- Utility of Bronchoalveolar Lavage and Transbronchial Biopsy in Patients with Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis.
- Adams TN, Newton CA, Batra K, Abu-Hijleh M, Barbera T, Torrealba J, Glazer CS Lung 2018 Jun
- Series of rare lung diseases mimicking imaging patterns of common diffuse parenchymal lung diseases.
- Batra K, Dessouky R, Butt YM, Wadhwa V, Torrealba JR, Glazer C Lung India 2018 May-Jun 35 3 231-236
- Advances in Computed Tomography in Thoracic Imaging.
- Kandathil A, Kay F, Batra K, Saboo SS, Rajiah P Semin Roentgenol 2018 Apr 53 2 157-170
- Pathology and Radiology Correlation of Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonias.
- Batra K, Butt Y, Gokaslan T, Burguete D, Glazer C, Torrealba JR Hum. Pathol. 2017 Nov
- Pathology-Radiology Correlation of Common and Uncommon CT Patterns of Organizing Pneumonia.
- Torrealba JR, Fisher S, Kanne JP, Butt YM, Glazer C, Kershaw C, Burguete D, Gokaslan T, Batra K Hum. Pathol. 2017 Nov
- Cobalt related interstitial lung disease.
- Adams TN, Butt YM, Batra K, Glazer CS Respir Med 2017 Aug 129 91-97
- The MUC5B promoter polymorphism and telomere length in patients with chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis: an observational cohort-control study.
- Ley B, Newton CA, Arnould I, Elicker BM, Henry TS, Vittinghoff E, Golden JA, Jones KD, Batra K, Torrealba J, Garcia CK, Wolters PJ Lancet Respir Med 2017 Jun
- Revisions to the Tumor, Node, Metastasis staging of lung cancer (8(th) edition): Rationale, radiologic findings and clinical implications.
- Kay FU, Kandathil A, Batra K, Saboo SS, Abbara S, Rajiah P World J Radiol 2017 Jun 9 6 269-279
- Pleuroparenchymal fibroelastosis associated with telomerase reverse transcriptase mutations.
- Newton CA, Batra K, Torrealba J, Meyer K, Raghu G, Garcia CK Eur. Respir. J. 2017 May 49 5
- Telomere-related lung fibrosis is diagnostically heterogeneous but uniformly progressive.
- Newton CA, Batra K, Torrealba J, Kozlitina J, Glazer CS, Aravena C, Meyer K, Raghu G, Collard HR, Garcia CK Eur. Respir. J. 2016 Aug
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Indian Radiologic and Imaging Association
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Thoracic Radiology
- Texas Radiological Society