James Finklea, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Finklea graduated from The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. He then completed his internal medicine residency at Scott and White Hospital in Temple, Texas. Dr. Finklea continued his education completing a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. His clinical interests are vitamin D deficiency, cystic fibrosis-related diabetes, and transplant critical care.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (2004)
- John Peter Smith Hospital (2006), Family Medicine
- Scott and White Memorial Hospital (2009), Internal Medicine
- Emory University School of Medicine/Grady Memorial Hospital (2012), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Vitamin D and chronic lung disease: a review of molecular mechanisms and clinical studies.
- Finklea JD, Grossmann RE, Tangpricha V Adv Nutr 2011 May 2 3 244-53
- Predictors of mortality in hospitalized patients with acute exacerbation of bronchiectasis.
- Finklea JD, Khan G, Thomas S, Song J, Myers D, Arroliga AC Respir Med 2010 Jun 104 6 816-21
Honors & Awards
- Will Rogers' Institute Fellow
- 3rd Place
Poster Presentation, Internal Research Day, Scott and White Hospital (2008)
- Gold Headed Cane Award Finalist
UT Medical Branch, Galveston (2004)
- Most Active Student Award
St. Vincent's Clinic (2001)
- American Thoracic Society (2011)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2010)
- American College of Chest Physicians (2009)
- American Medical Association (2005)