Dr. Kazi received his training in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology at UT Medical School at Houston. He is the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Training Program at UT Southwestern. Dr. Kazi also works with patient registries and clinical information systems, such as the electronic health record, to improve clinical decision making, promote efficiency and support patient safety and quality of care. Dr. Kazi serves on the ABIM Rheumatology Board.
- Medical School
- University of Karachi-Dow Medical College (1987)
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1989), Internal Medicine
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1992), Internal Medicine
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1995), Rheumatology
- Improving Patient Access and Efficiency of Care
- Improving Quality of Care through Disease Registries
- Medical Education
- Predictive Analytics in Clinical Decision Support
- Update in Rheumatology: Evidence Published in 2016.
- Solow EB, Scielzo SA, Kazi S Ann. Intern. Med. 2017 Mar
- The Rheumatology Informatics System for Effectiveness (RISE): A National Informatics-Enabled Registry for Quality Improvement.
- Yazdany J, Bansback N, Clowse M, Collier D, Law K, Liao KP, Michaud K, Morgan EM, Oates JC, Orozco C, Reimold A, Simard JF, Myslinski R, Kazi S Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2016 Oct
- Overview of the American College of Rheumatology's Electronic Health Record-Enabled Registry: The Rheumatology Informatics System for Effectiveness.
- Francisco M, Johansson T, Kazi S Clin. Exp. Rheumatol. 2016 Sep-Oct 34 Suppl 101 5 102-104
- Update in Rheumatology: Evidence Published in 2015.
- Scielzo SA, Stone L, Kazi S Ann. Intern. Med. 2016 May 164 9 W61-4
- Rheumatoid arthritis disease activity measures: American College of Rheumatology recommendations for use in clinical practice.
- Anderson J, Caplan L, Yazdany J, Robbins ML, Neogi T, Michaud K, Saag KG, O'Dell JR, Kazi S Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2012 May 64 5 640-7
- Cardiovascular outcomes in male veterans with rheumatoid arthritis
- Banerjee S, Compton AP, Hooker RS, Cipher DJ, Reimold A, Brilakis ES, Banerjee P, Kazi S Am J Cardiol 2008 Dec 101(8) 1201-5
- The association of race and ethnicity with disease expression in male US veterans with rheumatoid arthritis
- Mikuls TR, Kazi S, Cipher D, Hooker R, Kerr GS, Richards JS, Cannon GW J Rheumatol 2007 Jul 34(7) 1480-4
- The diffuse infiltrative lylmphocytosis syndrome
- Kazi S, Cohen PR, Williams F, Schempp R, Reveille JD AIDS 1996 Apr 10(4) 385-91
- Association between biologic therapies for chronic plaque psoriasis and cardiovascular events: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Ryan C, Leonardi CL, Krueger JG, Kimball AB, Strober BE, Gordon KB, Langle RG, de Lemos JA, Daoud Y, Blandenship D, Kazi S, Kaplan DH, Friedewald VE, Menter A JAMA 2011 Aug 24 306(8) 864-71
Behcet's Disease; Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome; Henoch Schonlein Purpura; Lupus Erythematosus, NSAID Theraphy; and Vasculitis. In Encyclopedia of Gastroenterology
(2003). Academic Press
Rheumatology Diagnosis and Therapeutics
Cush JJ, Kavanaugh AF, Olsen NJ, Stein MC, Kazi S, Saag KG (1999). Baltimore, Maryland, Williams and Wilkins
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Service Award
American College of Rheumatology (2017)
- Best Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2011-2020)
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2011-2018)
- Top Doctors
US News and Health Reports (2011)
- Internal Medicine Housestaff Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center (1998)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
UT Medical School Houston (1992)
- American Medical Association (2017)
- American College of Physicians (2010)
- American College of Rheumatology (1991)