- Medical School
- Shandong Medical University, China (1993)
- Qingzhou People's Hospital (1994), Medicine
- Graduate School
- Medical College of Wisconsin (2005), Neuroscience
- NIH National Cancer Institute - Office of Education (2007), Neuroscience
- University of Miami (2008), Internal Medicine
- University of Miami (2011), Neurology
- University of Miami (2012), Vascular Neurology
- Cerebral edema in malignant infarct
- Delayed cerebral ischemia in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Hemorrhagic transformation in ischemic stroke
- Moyamoya disease and Moyamoya syndrome
- Penumbra evolution in ischemic stroke
- Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome & Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome
- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in HIV disease
- Small vessel disease and neurovascular unit
- Endovascular Therapy for Acute Ischemic Stroke: Dawn of a New Era.
- Alberts MJ, Shang T, Magadan A JAMA Neurol 2015 Aug
- Bilateral Asymmetrical Asterixis as Limb-shaking Transient Ischemic Attack in Bilateral Carotid Stenosis.
- Khan S, Chang E, Saniuk G, Shang T J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2014 Nov
- Letter by Shang et al Regarding Article, "High-Resolution Magnetic Resonance Wall Imaging Findings of Moyamoya Disease"
- Shang T, Welch B, Pinho M Stroke 2014 Oct
- Letter by Shang Regarding Article, "Relative Contributions of Sympathetic, Cholinergic, and Myogenic Mechanisms to Cerebral Autoregulation"
- Shang T Stroke 2014 Aug
- Differences in lipid profiles in two Hispanic ischemic stroke populations.
- Arauz A, Romano JG, Ruiz-Franco A, Shang T, Dong C, Rundek T, Koch S, Hernández-Curiel B, Pacheco J, Rojas P, Ruiz-Navarro F, Katsnelson M, Sacco RL Int J Stroke 2014 Jun 9 4 394-9
- Cerebral hemodynamics and cognitive performance in bilateral asymptomatic carotid stenosis.
- Shang T Neurology 2013 May 80 22 2080
- FLAIR Distal Hyperintense Vessels as a Marker of Perfusion-Diffusion Mismatch in Acute Stroke.
- Haussen DC, Koch S, Saraf-Lavi E, Shang T, Dharmadhikari S, Yavagal DR J Neuroimaging 2013 Jan
- Application of acute stroke imaging: Selecting patients for revascularization therapy.
- Shang T, Yavagal DR Neurology 2012 Sep 79 13 Suppl 1 S86-94
- JC virus granule cell neuronopathy and hyper-IgE in HIV disease.
- Shang T, Delgado A, Adams D Neurology 2011 May 76 22 1941-2
- Death-associated protein kinase as a sensor of mitochondrial membrane potential: role of lysosome in mitochondrial toxin-induced cell death.
- Shang T, Joseph J, Hillard CJ, Kalyanaraman B J. Biol. Chem. 2005 Oct 280 41 34644-53
Chapter 8 Acute Stroke Evaluation and Management.. In Emergency Neurology.
Ty Shang, Dileep Yavagal, Jose Romano, Ralph Sacco (2012). New York, Springer
Honors & Awards
- American Academy of Neurology Institutes (AANI) Annual Meeting Fellow Scholarship
The 64th Annual meeting of AAN (2012)
- Resident Travel Grant Award
Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN) Practicum and Interactive laboratory (2010)
- Resident Travel Grant Award
Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN) 3rd Annual Meeting (2010)