Dr. Aday grew up in Bristol, Virginia/Tennessee and received her medical degree at Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Following medical school, she moved to Dallas to complete her residency in Internal Medicine at UTSW. After serving an additional year as Chief Resident in Internal Medicine, she went on to complete a gastroenterology fellowship at UT Southwestern. She joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2019 and brings enthusiasm for medical education and clinical research.
Dr. Aday has a strong foundation in both general gastroenterology and hepatology as well as general internal medicine. Her clinical and research interests are in cirrhosis, alcoholic liver disease, women’s health, and nutrition.
Dr. Aday’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family, traveling, and fitness.
- Medical School
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine (2012)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Gastroenterology
- Acute on Chronic Liver Failure
- Liver Disease in Pregnancy
- Alcoholic hepatitis: current trends in management.
- Aday AW, Mitchell MC, Casey LC Curr. Opin. Gastroenterol. 2017 Mar
- The Beneficial Effect of Beta-Blockers in Patients With Cirrhosis, Portal Hypertension and Ascites.
- Aday AW, Mayo MJ, Elliott A, Rockey DC Am. J. Med. Sci. 2016 Feb 351 2 169-76
- DSA's Meaningful Impact on Liver Transplantation.
- Aday AW, O'Leary JG Liver Transpl. 2018 Jul
- An unusual rash in a middle-aged man.
- Pandey A, Aday A J Gen Intern Med 2014 Dec 29 12 1711-2
- An essential role for the association of CD47 to SHPS-1 in skeletal remodeling.
- Maile LA, DeMambro VE, Wai C, Lotinun S, Aday AW, Capps BE, Beamer WG, Rosen CJ, Clemmons DR J. Bone Miner. Res. 2011 Sep 26 9 2068-81
- Integrin-associated protein association with SRC homology 2 domain containing tyrosine phosphatase substrate 1 regulates igf-I signaling in vivo.
- Maile LA, Capps BE, Miller EC, Aday AW, Clemmons DR Diabetes 2008 Oct 57 10 2637-43
- Modulation of integrin antagonist signaling by ligand binding of the heparin-binding domain of vitronectin to the alphaVbeta3 integrin.
- Maile LA, Aday AW, Busby WH, Sanghani R, Veluvolu U, Clemmons DR J. Cell. Biochem. 2008 Oct 105 2 437-46
- Glucose regulation of integrin-associated protein cleavage controls the response of vascular smooth muscle cells to insulin-like growth factor-I.
- Maile LA, Capps BE, Miller EC, Allen LB, Veluvolu U, Aday AW, Clemmons DR Mol. Endocrinol. 2008 May 22 5 1226-37
Honors & Awards
- AASLD Liver Cup
National Debate Winner (2017)
- Global Health Initiative
First UT Southwestern representative at Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Lima, Peru (2015)
- Residency Council
Representative, peer-selected committee (2012-2015)
- Ann Eller Pardue Endowed Scholarship
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (2016)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2016)
- American College of Physicians (2012)