- Undergraduate School
- University of Tulsa (2003)
- Graduate School
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2006)
- Gait training with the use of orthoses
- Neurologic rehabilitation
- A Clinical Framework for Functional Recovery in a Person With Chronic Traumatic Brain Injury: A Case Study.
- McCain K, Shearin S J Neurol Phys Ther 2017 Jul 41 3 173-181
- Auditing the Physical Activity and Parkinson Disease Literature Using the Behavioral Epidemiologic Framework.
- Swank C, Shearin S, Cleveland S, Driver S PM R 2017 Jun 9 6 612-621
- The impact of modified standardized task-specific training (MSTT) on gait outcomes in persons with subacute stroke: A case report
- Karen J. McCain, Staci Shearin Cogent Medicine 2017
- Classifying physical activity research following stroke using the behavioral epidemiologic framework.
- Cleveland S, Driver S, Swank C, Macklin S Top Stroke Rehabil 2015 Aug 22 4 289-98
- Bracing for Persons with Parkinson Disease: A Case Series with Clinical Reasoning
- Shearin, S. M., Smith, P., Querry, R., & McCain, K JPO: Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics 2015
- American Physical Therapy Association (2013)