- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2016)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2019), Emergency Medicine
- Chief Resident
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2020), Emergency Medicine
- Clinical Operations
- Medical Education
- Patient Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Epsom Salt Ingestion Leading to Severe Hypermagnesemia Necessitating Dialysis
- Philip Walker, MD, Samuel Parnell, MD, and Ryan C. Dillon PharmD The Journal of Emergency Medicine 2020 58 5 767-770
- Acute Coronary Syndrome in Octogenarians: Expect the Unexpected.
- Parnell ST, Smith AT, J Emerg Med 2018 Feb 54 2 e27-e30
Section 19: Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat, and Oral Disorders.. In Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: Examination & Board Review, 3rd ed.
Samuel Parnell: Manuscript Reviewer (Ed.) ().
Chapter 23: Emergency ECG. Severe Hyperkalemia - Sine Wave. In Atlas of Emergency Medicine, 5th ed.
Samuel Parnell: EKG Case Contributor ().
Honors & Awards
- Vanderbilt House Staff Clinical Teaching Award
Awarded the top five Vanderbilt University Medical Center house staff every year for exemplary commitment to medical education and teaching. (2018)
- Ho Din Award
The Ho Din Award is given by the Southwestern Medical Foundation to recognize those who exemplify the unique personal qualities embodied in all great physicians knowledge, understanding, and, most of all, compassion. Ho Din, which represents the spirit of medical wisdom and human understanding, has been a hallmark of excellence at UT Southwestern for more than 70 years and is the foremost honor bestowed on outstanding seniors. (2016)
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (2016)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (2015)
- Emergency Medicine Residents' Association (2015)
- American Medical Association (2012)
- Texas Medical Association (2012)