Dr. Pokala is originally from the Dallas-Ft Worth metroplex and received his initial medical training at UT Southwestern, where he stayed on to complete his residency training. He is specifically interested in Hospital Medicine and medical education. Outside of medicine, Dr. Pokala enjoys watching the Dallas Cowboys and spending time with friends and family.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2016)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Internal Medicine
- Quality Improvement
- Promoting High-Value Change by Addressing the Structure of Order Sets: Lessons From the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- Pokala N, Singh S, Hu G, Brown TJ, Pandey A, Das SR, Gupta A Am J Med Qual 2018 Sep 1062860618798920
- The effect of baseline characteristics on clinical efficacy of liraglutide in patients treated with high-dose insulin.
- Pokala N, Adams-Huet B, Li X, Harrison LB, Vanderheiden A, Lingvay I Diabetes Obes Metab 2017 Jun
- Long-term outcomes with first- vs. second-generation drug-eluting stents in saphenous vein graft lesions.
- Pokala NR, Menon RV, Patel SM, Christopoulos G, Christakopoulos GE, Kotsia AP, Rangan BV, Roesle M, Abdullah S, Grodin J, Kumbhani DJ, Hastings J, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES, Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2016 Jan 87 1 34-40
- Transradial approach for coronary chronic total occlusion interventions: Insights from a contemporary multicenter registry.
- Alaswad K, Menon RV, Christopoulos G, Lombardi WL, Karmpaliotis D, Grantham JA, Marso SP, Wyman MR, Pokala NR, Patel SM, Kotsia AP, Rangan BV, Lembo N, Kandzari D, Lee J, Kalynych A, Carlson H, Garcia SA, Thompson CA, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES, Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2015 Jun 85 7 1123-9
- Prevalence and treatment of "balloon-uncrossable" coronary chronic total occlusions.
- Patel SM, Pokala NR, Menon RV, Kotsia AP, Raja V, Christopoulos G, Michael TT, Rangan BV, Sherbet D, Patel VG, Abdullah SA, Hastings J, Grodin JM, Banerjee S, Brilakis ES, J Invasive Cardiol 2015 Feb 27 2 78-84
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2016)
- American College of Physicians (2017)