Dr. Rahmani earned his medical degree at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences in Shiraz, Iran. He completed a residency in internal medicine at UCSF East Bay – Alameda County Medical Center, followed by advanced training in cardiology and cardiovascular imaging through fellowships at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Rahmani is a member of the American College of Cardiology, the American College of Physicians, the American Heart Association, and the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
- Medical School
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (2007)
- Alameda Health System-Highland Hospital (2015), Internal Medicine
- Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA (2017), Cardiovascular Imaging
- Los Angeles County Harbor UCLA Medical Center (2020), Cardiology
- Cardiac Imaging
- Preventive Cardiology
- A novel density-volume calcium score by non-contrast CT predicts coronary plaque burden on coronary CT angiography: Results from the MACS (Multicenter AIDS cohort study).
- Nakanishi R, Delaney JA, Post WS, Dailing C, Blaha MJ, Palella F, Witt M, Brown TT, Kingsley LA, Osawa K, Ceponiene I, Nezarat N, Rahmani S, Kanisawa M, Jacobson L, Budoff MJ, J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2020 May - Jun 14 3 266-271
- HIV Infection Is Associated with Greater Left Ventricular Mass in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study.
- Hutchins E, Wang R, Rahmani S, Nakanishi R, Haberlen S, Kingsley L, Witt MD, Palella FJ, Jacobson L, Budoff MJ, Post WS, AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 2019 08 35 8 755-761
- Correlation of Arterial Stiffness With Left Atrial Volume Index and Left Ventricular Mass Index in Young Adults: Evaluation by Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography.
- Osawa K, Nakanishi R, Miyoshi T, Rahmani S, Ceponiene I, Nezarat N, Kanisawa M, Qi H, Jayawardena E, Kim N, Ito H, Budoff MJ, Heart Lung Circ 2019 Jun 28 6 932-938
- Coronary Artery Calcium Progression Is Associated With Coronary Plaque Volume Progression: Results From a Quantitative Semiautomated Coronary Artery Plaque Analysis.
- Ceponiene I, Nakanishi R, Osawa K, Kanisawa M, Nezarat N, Rahmani S, Kissel K, Kim M, Jayawardena E, Broersen A, Kitslaar P, Budoff MJ, JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2018 12 11 12 1785-1794
- Coronary Artery Calcium on Noncontrast Thoracic Computerized Tomography Scans and All-Cause Mortality.
- Budoff MJ, Lutz SM, Kinney GL, Young KA, Hokanson JE, Barr RG, Steiner R, Nath H, Lopez-Garcia C, Duca LM, Rahmani S, Osawa K, Regan EA, Li D, Casaburi R, Circulation 2018 11 138 21 2437-2438
- Automated estimation of image quality for coronary computed tomographic angiography using machine learning.
- Nakanishi R, Sankaran S, Grady L, Malpeso J, Yousfi R, Osawa K, Ceponiene I, Nazarat N, Rahmani S, Kissel K, Jayawardena E, Dailing C, Zarins C, Koo BK, Min JK, Taylor CA, Budoff MJ, Eur Radiol 2018 Sep 28 9 4018-4026
- Ischemic stroke/transient ischemic attack events and carotid artery disease in the absence of or with minimal coronary artery calcification: Results from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Osawa K, Nakanishi R, McClelland RL, Polak JF, Bishop W, Sacco RL, Ceponiene I, Nezarat N, Rahmani S, Qi H, Kanisawa M, Budoff MJ, Atherosclerosis 2018 08 275 22-27
- Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study Quantitative Coronary Plaque Progression Study: rationale and design.
- Nakanishi R, Post WS, Osawa K, Jayawardena E, Kim M, Sheidaee N, Nezarat N, Rahmani S, Kim N, Hathiramani N, Susarla S, Palella F, Witt M, Blaha MJ, Brown TT, Kingsley L, Haberlen SA, Dailing C, Budoff MJ, Coron Artery Dis 2018 Jan 29 1 23-29
- The diagnostic performance of SPECT-MPI to predict functional significant coronary artery disease by fractional flow reserve derived from CCTA (FFRCT): sub-analysis from ACCURACY and VCT001 studies.
- Nakanishi R, Osawa K, Ceponiene I, Huth G, Cole J, Kim M, Nezarat N, Rahmani S, Li D, Gupta S, Rogers C, Dailing C, Budoff MJ, Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 2017 Dec 33 12 2067-2072
- Rationale and design of a randomized trial of apixaban vs warfarin to evaluate atherosclerotic calcification and vulnerable plaque progression.
- Osawa K, Nakanishi R, Win TT, Li D, Rahmani S, Nezarat N, Sheidaee N, Budoff MJ, Clin Cardiol 2017 Oct 40 10 807-813
Honors & Awards
- Scholar of the Year
Internal Medicine Residency Program, Alameda Heath System (2015)
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography