Dr. Jarrett is a licensed psychologist who is board certified in clinical psychology. Her research and clinical expertise is in promoting health and wellness, particularly for patients with mood and related disorders. She specializes in short-term, evidenced-based psychotherapy and focuses on cognitive behavioral therapy. In the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern, Dr. Jarrett collaborates on research, treats patients, teaches, and supervises clinical and/or research activities of trainees. Since 1989 Dr. Jarrett has directed the Psychosocial Research and Depression Clinic where the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) has funded her research group across decades. She welcomes collaborators and trainees dedicated to understanding the role of psychosocial factors in the course of health and illness, particularly in mood and related disorders.
A partial listing of Dr. Jarrett’s publications can be found below and a more complete listing is available to interested readers at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/robin.jarrett.1/bibliography/41161566/public/?sort=date&direction=ascending.
- Graduate School
- University of North Carolina A (1983)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Evidence-based psychotherapy
- Mood and related disorders
- Psychosocial factors and interventions that promote health
- The Role of Dyadic Discord in Outcomes in Acute Phase Cognitive Therapy for Adults With Recurrent Major Depressive Disorder.
- Trombello JM, Vittengl JR, Denton WH, Minhajuddin A, Thase ME, Jarrett RB, Behav Ther 2019 Jul 50 4 778-790
- Could Treatment Matching Patients' Beliefs About Depression Improve Outcomes?
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB, Behav Ther 2019 Jul 50 4 765-777
- Partner criticism during acute-phase cognitive therapy for recurrent major depressive disorder.
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB Behav Res Ther 2019 Feb 113 48-56
- Do comorbid social and other anxiety disorders predict outcomes during and after cognitive therapy for depression?
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Smits JAJ, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J Affect Disord 2019 Jan 242 150-158
- Relations of Shared and Unique Components of Personality and Psychosocial Functioning to Depressive Symptoms.
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB J. Pers. Disord. 2017 Sep 1-26
- Patients' comprehension and skill usage as a putative mediator of change or an engaged target in cognitive therapy: Preliminary findings.
- Jarrett RB, Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME J Affect Disord 2017 Sep 226 163-168
- Initial Steps to inform selection of continuation cognitive therapy or fluoxetine for higher risk responders to cognitive therapy for recurrent major depressive disorder.
- Vittengl JR, Anna Clark L, Thase ME, Jarrett RB Psychiatry Res 2017 Mar 253 174-181
- Defined symptom-change trajectories during acute-phase cognitive therapy for depression predict better longitudinal outcomes.
- Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME, Jarrett RB Behav Res Ther 2016 Aug 87 48-57
- Divergent Outcomes in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Pharmacotherapy for Adult Depression.
- Vittengl JR, Jarrett RB, Weitz E, Hollon SD, Twisk J, Cristea I, David D, DeRubeis RJ, Dimidjian S, Dunlop BW, Faramarzi M, Hegerl U, Kennedy SH, Kheirkhah F, Mergl R, Miranda J, Mohr DC, Rush AJ, Segal ZV, Siddique J, Simons AD, Cuijpers P Am J Psychiatry 2016 Feb appiajp201515040492
- Quantifying and Qualifying the Preventive Effects of Acute-Phase Cognitive Therapy: Pathways to Personalizing Care.
- Jarrett RB, Minhajuddin A, Vittengl JR, Clark LA, Thase ME J Consult Clin Psychol 2015 Dec
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Psychologist
Dallas Psychological Association (2018)
Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (2015-2019)
American Psychological Association (2014-2019)
- Certified Consultant and Trainer
Academy of Cognitive Therapy (2013-2019)
Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM) (2006)
- Elizabeth H. Penn Professorship in Clinical Psychology
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2004-2019)
- Fourjay Scholar
The Fourjay Foundation, The Beck Institute, Extramural Training Program (2000)
- Diplomate and Founding Fellow
Academy of Cognitive Therapy (1999-2019)
- Principal Investigator with career awards
Funded by the National Institute of Mental Health
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) (2017-2019)
- American Psychological Association (APA) Society of Clinical Psychology Mentorship Program (2017-2019)
- Editorial Board: Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics (2017-2019)
- Association for Psychological Science (APS) (2010-2019)
- Editorial Board: Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (2004-2016)
- Dallas Psychological Association (DPA) (1993-2019)
- Reviewers Reserve [NIMH] (1990-2019)
- Texas Psychological Association (TPA) (1990-2019)
- International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy (1989-2017)
- American Psychological Association (APA) (1984-2019)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy (ABCT) (1978-2019)