Dr. Kim holds a Ph.D. in cancer cell biology from the Sungkyunkwan University in South Korea, which he earned in 2011. During his Postdoctoral fellow at UTSW Medical Center, his studies provided a clear rationale for the use of PARP inhibitors and identified novel pathway of PARP inhibitors for breast cancer treatment. Currently, Dr. Kim is seeking in-depth insights into how systemic metabolic conditions affect cancer progression, particularly in the context of breast cancer using a unique set of mouse models.
- Breast Cancer
- Dynamic Communication Between Tumor and Adipose Tissue
- PARPs and ADP-ribosylation in RNA biology: from RNA expression and processing to protein translation and proteostasis.
- Kim DS, Challa S, Jones A, Kraus WL, Genes Dev. 2020 03 34 5-6 302-320
- Activation of PARP-1 by snoRNAs Controls Ribosome Biogenesis and Cell Growth via the RNA Helicase DDX21.
- Kim DS, Camacho CV, Nagari A, Malladi VS, Challa S, Kraus WL, Mol. Cell 2019 Sep 75 6 1270-1285.e14
- PARP-1 Controls the Adipogenic Transcriptional Program by PARylating C/EBPß and Modulating Its Transcriptional Activity.
- Luo X, Ryu KW, Kim DS, Nandu T, Medina CJ, Gupte R, Gibson BA, Soccio RE, Yu Y, Gupta RK, Kraus WL Mol. Cell 2017 Jan 65 2 260-271
- Discovery, Annotation, and Functional Analysis of Long Noncoding RNAs Controlling Cell-Cycle Gene Expression and Proliferation in Breast Cancer Cells.
- Sun M, Gadad SS, Kim DS, Kraus WL Mol. Cell 2015 Aug 59 4 698-711
- New Facets in the Regulation of Gene Expression by ADP-Ribosylation and Poly(ADP-ribose) Polymerases.
- Ryu KW, Kim DS, Kraus WL Chem. Rev. 2015 Jan
- Cancer cells promote survival through depletion of the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor by protein crosslinking.
- Kim DS, Choi YB, Han BG, Park SY, Jeon Y, Kim DH, Ahn ER, Shin JE, Lee BI, Lee H, Hong KM, Kim SY, Oncogene 2011 Dec 30 48 4780-90
- Transglutaminase 2 gene ablation protects against renal ischemic injury by blocking constant NF-?B activation.
- Kim DS, Kim B, Tahk H, Kim DH, Ahn ER, Choi C, Jeon Y, Park SY, Lee H, Oh SH, Kim SY, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2010 Dec 403 3-4 479-84
- I-kappaBalpha depletion by transglutaminase 2 and mu-calpain occurs in parallel with the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway.
- Kim DS, Han BG, Park KS, Lee BI, Kim SY, Bae CD, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2010 Aug 399 2 300-6
- Glucosamine is an effective chemo-sensitizer via transglutaminase 2 inhibition.
- Kim DS, Park KS, Jeong KC, Lee BI, Lee CH, Kim SY, Cancer Lett. 2009 Jan 273 2 243-9
- Reversal of drug resistance in breast cancer cells by transglutaminase 2 inhibition and nuclear factor-kappaB inactivation.
- Kim DS, Park SS, Nam BH, Kim IH, Kim SY, Cancer Res. 2006 Nov 66 22 10936-43