Kanwal Merchant, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Breast Imaging Division. Her clinical interests include all aspects of breast imaging as well as breast interventional procedures that aid in the diagnosis of both breast cancer and benign breast conditions.
Dr. Merchant holds a bachelor's degree in cell and structural biology and chemistry from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. She earned her medical degree at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria and completed her radiology residency training at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, where she also received advanced training through a fellowship program in breast imaging.
Dr. Merchant's research interests include outcome analysis and imaging endpoints.
She is a member of the Society of Breast Imaging and the American Roentgen Ray Society.
- Medical School
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (2004)
- Henry Ford Hospital (2009), Diagnostic Radiology
- Henry Ford Hospital (2010), Breast Imaging
- Detection of incidental renal disease by FDG PET/CT.
- WangX, MerchantK, Mendirattta-Lala M, Naidu P J. Nucl. Med. 2008 49 372P
Honors & Awards
- Bronze Tablet (Top 100 Seniors)
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (2000)
- Wilmar Hellenthal Scholar
- Dean's List
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (1996-2004)
- American Roentgen Ray Society (2008)
- Society of Breast Imaging (2008)