Marco Pinho, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Neuroradiology Division. His clinical interests include cross-sectional imaging of neurological diseases and oncologic imaging.
Dr. Pinho earned his medical degree at Universidade Estadual De Campinas in São Paulo, Brazil. He completed his radiology residency at Universidade De São Paulo, where he also received advanced training through a fellowship in neuroradiology. He also completed a research fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Pinho’s research is currently focused on the development and validation of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques to evaluate central nervous system malignancies, and response assessment in clinical trials in collaboration with basic scientists, neuro-oncologists, and neurosurgeons at UT Southwestern. He has published multiple articles, reports, and reviews.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Pinho serves on several committees, including the Radiology Resident Selection Committee, the Clinical Competency Committee, the Brain Tumor Committee, and the Intracranial Pressure Disorder IPT.
A dedicated educator, Dr. Pinho serves as the Associate Program Director of the Radiology Residency Program, and also coordinates the Global Health Teleradiology program.
Dr. Pinho is an active member of national and international professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, the American Society of Neuroradiology, the American Society of Spine Radiology, the American Society of Functional Neuroradiology, and the Sociedade Paulista de Radiologia.
- Medical School
- Universidade Estadual De Campinas (2002)
- Instituto de Radiologia, Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo (2006), Diagnostic Radiology
- Instituto de Radiologia - Hospital das Clinicas - Univ. de Sao Paulo (2007), Neuroradiology
- A.A. Martinos Ctr. for Biomedical Imaging (2011), Neuroradiology
- Central Nervous System Neoplasms
- Computed Tomography
- Head and Neck Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Neurovascular Disease
- Complications of liver transplantation: multimodality imaging approach.
- Caiado AH, Blasbalg R, Marcelino AS, da Cunha Pinho M, Chammas MC, da Costa Leite C, Cerri GG, de Oliveira AC, Bacchella T, Machado MC Radiographics 2007 Sep-Oct 27 5 1401-17
- Nonnecrotizing systemic granulomatous panniculitis involving the breast: imaging correlation of a breast cancer mimicker.
- Pinho MC, Souza F, Endo E, Chala LF, Carvalho FM, de Barros N AJR Am J Roentgenol 2007 Jun 188 6 1573-6
- External laryngocele: sonographic appearance - a case report
- Pinho MC, Viana PC, Omokawa M, Simões C, Gebrim EMMS, Cerri GG, Chammas MC Rad Bras 2007 40 4 279?282
White Matter Diseases and Inborn Error of Metabolism. In Diagnostic Imaging of Encephalic Diseases
Leite CC, Nagae LM, Pinho MC, Kay FU, Martins MCB, Amaral RPG, Kok F (2008). Sao Paulo, Brazil, Guanabara Koogan
Parapharyngeal Space. In Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging of the Head and Neck
Gebrim EMMS, Pinho MC (2010). Sao Paulo - Brazil, Guanabara Koogan
Intra-axial Brain Tumors. In Diagnostic Imaging of Encephalic Diseases 2nd Edition
Leite CC, Pinho MC, Garcia MR, Martins MCB, Pincerato RCM, Felix MM, Shibao S, Lucato LT (2010). Sao Paulo - Brazil, Guanabara Koogan
Angiotomography of the cervical and intracranial arteries. In Cardiovascular CT and MRI
Pinho MC, Kay FU (2013). Sao Paulo, Brazil, Manole
Abdominal Sonographic Anatomy. In Abdominal Sonography
Kay FU, Pinho MC, Amaro Jr E, Bordalo-Rodrigues M, Kodaira SK (2009). Sao Paulo - Brazil, Guanabara Koogan
- American Society of Functional Neuroradiology (2017)
- American Society of Spine Radiology (2016)
- American Society of Neuroradiology (2013)
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (2013)
- Radiological Society of North America (2003)