Marco Pinho, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Neuroradiology Division. His clinical interests include cross-sectional imaging of neurological diseases and oncologic imaging.
Dr. Pinho earned his medical degree at Universidade Estadual De Campinas in São Paulo, Brazil. He completed his radiology residency at Universidade De São Paulo, where he also received advanced training through a fellowship in neuroradiology. He also completed a research fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Pinho’s research is currently focused on the development and validation of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques to evaluate central nervous system malignancies, and response assessment in clinical trials in collaboration with basic scientists, neuro-oncologists, and neurosurgeons at UT Southwestern. He has published multiple articles, reports, and reviews.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Pinho serves on several committees, including the Radiology Resident Selection Committee, the Clinical Competency Committee, the Brain Tumor Committee, and the Intracranial Pressure Disorder IPT.
A dedicated educator, Dr. Pinho serves as the Associate Program Director of the Radiology Residency Program, and also coordinates the Global Health Teleradiology program.
Dr. Pinho is an active member of national and international professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, the American Society of Neuroradiology, the American Society of Spine Radiology, the American Society of Functional Neuroradiology, and the Sociedade Paulista de Radiologia.
- Medical School
- Universidade Estadual De Campinas (2002)
- Instituto de Radiologia, Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo (2006), Diagnostic Radiology
- Instituto de Radiologia - Hospital das Clinicas - Univ. de Sao Paulo (2007), Neuroradiology
- A.A. Martinos Ctr. for Biomedical Imaging (2011), Neuroradiology
- Central Nervous System Neoplasms
- Computed Tomography
- Head and Neck Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Neurovascular Disease
- Automatic assessment of glioma burden: A deep learning algorithm for fully automated volumetric and bi-dimensional measurement.
- Chang K, Beers AL, Bai HX, Brown JM, Ly KI, Li X, Senders JT, Kavouridis VK, Boaro A, Su C, Bi WL, Rapalino O, Liao W, Shen Q, Zhou H, Xiao B, Wang Y, Zhang PJ, Pinho MC, Wen PY, Batchelor TT, Boxerman JL, Arnaout O, Rosen BR, Gerstner ER, Yang L, Huang RY, Kalpathy-Cramer J, Neuro-oncology 2019 Jun
- Robust pCASL perfusion imaging using a 3D Cartesian acquisition with spiral profile reordering (CASPR).
- Greer JS, Wang X, Wang Y, Pinho MC, Maldjian JA, Pedrosa I, Madhuranthakam AJ, Magn Reson Med 2019 Jun
- Evaluation of cerebrovascular reserve in patients with cerebrovascular diseases using resting-state MRI: A feasibility study.
- Taneja K, Lu H, Welch BG, Thomas BP, Pinho M, Lin D, Hillis AE, Liu P, Magn Reson Imaging 2019 Jun 59 46-52
- Three-Dimensional Lesion Phenotyping and Physiologic Characterization Inform Remyelination Ability in Multiple Sclerosis.
- Sivakolundu DK, Hansen MR, West KL, Wang Y, Stanley T, Wilson A, McCreary M, Turner MP, Pinho MC, Newton BD, Guo X, Rypma B, Okuda DT, J Neuroimaging 2019 May
- Determining Etiology of Facial Nerve Paralysis With MRI: Challenges in Malignancy Detection.
- Tolisano AM, Hunter JB, Sakai M, Kutz JW, Moore W, Pinho M, Isaacson B, Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2019 May 3489419848462
- Solid stress in brain tumours causes neuronal loss and neurological dysfunction and can be reversed by lithium.
- Seano G, Nia HT, Emblem KE, Datta M, Ren J, Krishnan S, Kloepper J, Pinho MC, Ho WW, Ghosh M, Askoxylakis V, Ferraro GB, Riedemann L, Gerstner ER, Batchelor TT, Wen PY, Lin NU, Grodzinsky AJ, Fukumura D, Huang P, Baish JW, Padera TP, Munn LL, Jain RK, Nat Biomed Eng 2019 Mar 3 3 230-245
- Evaluating Multisite rCBV Consistency from DSC-MRI Imaging Protocols and Postprocessing Software Across the NCI Quantitative Imaging Network Sites Using a Digital Reference Object (DRO).
- Bell LC, Semmineh N, An H, Eldeniz C, Wahl R, Schmainda KM, Prah MA, Erickson BJ, Korfiatis P, Wu C, Sorace AG, Yankeelov TE, Rutledge N, Chenevert TL, Malyarenko D, Liu Y, Brenner A, Hu LS, Zhou Y, Boxerman JL, Yen YF, Kalpathy-Cramer J, Beers AL, Muzi M, Madhuranthakam AJ, Pinho M, Johnson B, Quarles CC Tomography 2019 Mar 5 1 110-117
- Utility of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Features for Improving the Diagnosis of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Without Papilledema.
- Mallery RM, Rehmani OF, Woo JH, Chen YJ, Reddi S, Salzman KL, Pinho MC, Ledbetter L, Tamhankar MA, Shindler KS, Digre KB, Friedman DI, Liu GT, J Neuroophthalmol 2019 Feb
- Multimodality Imaging of Cerebral Crystal-Storing Histiocytosis: Distinguishing Imaging Characteristics and a Literature Review of a Very Rare Entity
- Garg V, Mendelsohn D, Cai C, Chicoine MR, Wang TF, Pinho MC Neurographics 2019 9 1 pp. 55-61(7)
- Post-gadolinium 3-dimensional spatial, surface, and structural characteristics of glioblastomas differentiate pseudoprogression from true tumor progression.
- Hansen MR, Pan E, Wilson A, McCreary M, Wang Y, Stanley T, Pinho MC, Guo X, Okuda DT J. Neurooncol. 2018 Jun
White Matter Diseases and Inborn Error of Metabolism. In Diagnostic Imaging of Encephalic Diseases
Leite CC, Nagae LM, Pinho MC, Kay FU, Martins MCB, Amaral RPG, Kok F (2008). Sao Paulo, Brazil, Guanabara Koogan
Parapharyngeal Space. In Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging of the Head and Neck
Gebrim EMMS, Pinho MC (2010). Sao Paulo - Brazil, Guanabara Koogan
Intra-axial Brain Tumors. In Diagnostic Imaging of Encephalic Diseases 2nd Edition
Leite CC, Pinho MC, Garcia MR, Martins MCB, Pincerato RCM, Felix MM, Shibao S, Lucato LT (2010). Sao Paulo - Brazil, Guanabara Koogan
Angiotomography of the cervical and intracranial arteries. In Cardiovascular CT and MRI
Pinho MC, Kay FU (2013). Sao Paulo, Brazil, Manole
Abdominal Sonographic Anatomy. In Abdominal Sonography
Kay FU, Pinho MC, Amaro Jr E, Bordalo-Rodrigues M, Kodaira SK (2009). Sao Paulo - Brazil, Guanabara Koogan
- American Society of Functional Neuroradiology (2017)
- American Society of Spine Radiology (2016)
- American Society of Neuroradiology (2013)
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (2013)
- Radiological Society of North America (2003)