- University of Rochester (2000), Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Cornell University Medical Col (2007), Molecular & Cell Biology
- host-pathogen interactions
- innate immune response to viral infection
- viral pathogenesis and host genetic determinants
- virus reporters (fluorescent/luminescent) and screening technology
- A CRISPR screen identifies IFI6 as an ER-resident interferon effector that blocks flavivirus replication.
- Richardson RB, Ohlson MB, Eitson JL, Kumar A, McDougal MB, Boys IN, Mar KB, De La Cruz-Rivera PC, Douglas C, Konopka G, Xing C, Schoggins JW Nat Microbiol 2018 Sep
- LY6E mediates an evolutionarily conserved enhancement of virus infection by targeting a late entry step.
- Mar KB, Rinkenberger NR, Boys IN, Eitson JL, McDougal MB, Richardson RB, Schoggins JW Nat Commun 2018 Sep 9 1 3603
- Mucolipin-2 Cation Channel Increases Trafficking Efficiency of Endocytosed Viruses.
- Rinkenberger N, Schoggins JW MBio 2018 Jan 9 1
- The IFN Response in Bats Displays Distinctive IFN-Stimulated Gene Expression Kinetics with Atypical RNASEL Induction.
- De La Cruz-Rivera PC, Kanchwala M, Liang H, Kumar A, Wang LF, Xing C, Schoggins JW J. Immunol. 2017 Nov
- Western Zika Virus in Human Fetal Neural Progenitors Persists Long Term with Partial Cytopathic and Limited Immunogenic Effects.
- Hanners NW, Eitson JL, Usui N, Richardson RB, Wexler EM, Konopka G, Schoggins JW Cell Rep 2016 Jun 15 11 2315-22
- A diverse range of gene products are effectors of the type I interferon antiviral response.
- Schoggins JW, Wilson SJ, Panis M, Murphy MY, Jones CT, Bieniasz P, Rice CM Nature 2011 Apr 472 7344 481-5
- Recent advances in antiviral interferon-stimulated gene biology.
- Schoggins JW F1000Res 2018 7 309
- Genetic variation at IFNL4 influences extrahepatic interferon stimulated gene expression in chronic HCV patients.
- Rosenberg BR, Freije CA, Imanaka N, Chen ST, Eitson JL, Caron R, Uhl SA, Zeremski M, Talal A, Jacobson IM, Rice CM, Schoggins JW J. Infect. Dis. 2017 Nov
- The cellular endosomal protein stannin inhibits intracellular trafficking of human papillomavirus during virus entry.
- Lipovsky A, Erden A, Kanaya E, Zhang W, Crite M, Bradfield C, MacMicking J, DiMaio D, Schoggins JW, Iwasaki A J. Gen. Virol. 2017 Oct
- Cell-Based Screen Identifies Human Interferon-Stimulated Regulators of Listeria monocytogenes Infection.
- Perelman SS, Abrams ME, Eitson JL, Chen D, Jimenez A, Mettlen M, Schoggins JW, Alto NM PLoS Pathog. 2016 Dec 12 12 e1006102
Honors & Awards
- Clayton Foundation Scholar
- Rita Allen Foundation Scholar
- NIH Director's New Innovator Award
- Seymour and Vivian Milstein Young Investigator Award
- NIH K01 Career Development Award
- Sidney & Joan Pestka Award for Excellence in Interferon Research
- American Society of Microbiology (2014)
- International Cytokine and Interferon Society (2011)
- American Society of Virology (2009)