Dr. Amin is originally from Missouri and received his Internal Medicine training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He subsequently completed his fellowships in Cardiology and Heart Failure/Heart Transplantation at the University of Missouri in Kansas City. He currently specializes in the advanced care of heart failure patients, including comprehensive medical management before and after heart transplantion or mechanical assist device implantation. His clinical practice emphasizes patient and family-centered care. Dr. Amin’s interests outside of medicine include his family and coaching his kids in soccer.
- Medical School
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (1998)
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education (2001), Internal Medicine
- Saint Luke's Health System (2011), Cardiovascular Disease
- Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute Heart Failure/Transplant Fellowship (2012), Heart Failure/cardiac Transplant
- Real-world lessons from the implementation of a depression screening protocol in acute myocardial infarction patients: implications for the American Heart Association depression screening advisory.
- Smolderen KG, Buchanan DM, Amin AA, Gosch K, Nugent K, Riggs L, Seavey G, Spertus JA Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2011 May 4 3 283-92
- Acute coronary syndrome patients with depression have low blood cell membrane omega-3 fatty acid levels.
- Amin AA, Menon RA, Reid KJ, Harris WS, Spertus JA Psychosom Med 2008 Oct 70 8 856-62
- The prevalence of unrecognized depression in patients with acute coronary syndrome.
- Amin AA, Jones AM, Nugent K, Rumsfeld JS, Spertus JA Am. Heart J. 2006 Nov 152 5 928-34