- Catholic University of Louvain (1999), Cell Biology
- Graduate School
- Catholic University of Louvain (2006), Biomedical Studies
- Cell biology - early regulation of clathrin-mediated endocytosis and general membrane traffic
- Microscopy - state of the art live-cell imaging coupled to quantitative computer-based image analysis
- Quantification of endometriotic lesions in a murine model by fluorimetric and morphometric analyses.
- Defrère S, Van Langendonckt A, González Ramos R, Jouret M, Mettlen M, Donnez J Hum. Reprod. 2006 Mar 21 3 810-7
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) activity by the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP). A new function for an "old friend".
- Emonard H, Bellon G, de Diesbach P, Mettlen M, Hornebeck W, Courtoy PJ Biochimie 2005 Mar-Apr 87 3-4 369-76
- v-Src accelerates spontaneous motility via phosphoinositide 3-kinase, phospholipase C and phospholipase D, but abrogates chemotaxis in Rat-1 and MDCK cells.
- Platek A, Mettlen M, Camby I, Kiss R, Amyere M, Courtoy PJ J. Cell. Sci. 2004 Sep 117 Pt 20 4849-61
- Azithromycin, a lysosomotropic antibiotic, has distinct effects on fluid-phase and receptor-mediated endocytosis, but does not impair phagocytosis in J774 macrophages.
- Tyteca D, Van Der Smissen P, Mettlen M, Van Bambeke F, Tulkens PM, Mingeot-Leclercq MP, Courtoy PJ Exp. Cell Res. 2002 Nov 281 1 86-100
- Origin, originality, functions, subversions and molecular signalling of macropinocytosis.
- Amyere M, Mettlen M, Van Der Smissen P, Platek A, Payrastre B, Veithen A, Courtoy PJ Int. J. Med. Microbiol. 2002 Feb 291 6-7 487-94
Honors & Awards
- American Heart Association
Postdoctoral fellowship (2006-2010)