Dr. Ramzan completed four years of gastroenterology training from Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, which included one year of formal training in the field of gastrointestinal motility. Thereafter, he completed one year of dedicated training in Advanced/Interventional Endoscopy at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago. Current research interests include evaluating predictors of early mortality in GI tumors and exploring utility of novel endoscopic and therapeutic options in these patients.
- Advanced endoscopy (EUS, ERCP, etc.)
- Diseases of the esophagus
- Gastrointestinal motility
- Pancreatic and biliary diseases
- Serum Albumin at Diagnosis is an Independent Predictor of Early Mortality in Veteran Patients with Esophageal Cancer.
- Nassri A, Zhu H, Wang DH, Ramzan Z Nutr Cancer 2018 Sep 1-8
- Epidemiology and Survival of Esophageal Cancer Patients in an American Cohort.
- Nassri A, Zhu H, Muftah M, Ramzan Z Cureus 2018 Apr 10 4 e2507
- An unusual presentation of a benign pancreatic lesion containing amyloid.
- Kim D, Crook T, Ramzan Z BMJ Case Rep 2017 Jul 2017
- Lymphocyte-to-monocyte ratio can predict mortality in pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Singh G, Nassri A, Kim D, Zhu H, Ramzan Z World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther 2017 Feb 8 1 60-66
- Survival Analysis of Veteran Patients with Pancreatic Cancer.
- Kim DD, Zhu H, Nassri AB, Mokdad A, Kukreja S, Polanco P, Huerta S, Ramzan Z J Dig Dis 2016 May
- Robotic cystogastrostomy and debridement of walled-off pancreatic necrosis.
- Nassour I, Ramzan Z, Kukreja S J Robot Surg 2016 Apr
- Pharmacotherapy for the management of achalasia: Current status, challenges and future directions.
- Nassri A, Ramzan Z World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther 2015 Nov 6 4 145-55
- Diagnosis and Management of an Esophagogastric Fistula as a Rare Complication of Nissen Fundoplication.
- Naveed M, Rossen JL, Dunbar K, Ramzan Z, Kukreja S ACG Case Rep J 2015 Jan 2 2 68-9
- Genotypic characteristics of resistant tumors to pre-operative ionizing radiation in rectal cancer.
- Ramzan Z, Nassri AB, Huerta S World J Gastrointest Oncol 2014 Jul 6 7 194-210
- The use of imaging and biomarkers in diagnosing Barrett's esophagus and predicting the risk of neoplastic progression.
- Ramzan Z, Nassri AB, Huerta S Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn. 2014 Jun 14 5 575-91
Achalasia, Diffuse Esophageal Spasm and Other Esophageal Motility Disorders. In GI Motility Testing: A Laboratory and Office Handbook
Ramzan Z, Richter JE (2011).
Diabetes and the GI System. In Diabetes: Chronic Complications, 3rd Ed.
Ramzan Z, Parkman H (2012).
Current Concepts in Pancreatic Cancer. In Updates on Cancer Treatment
Ramzan Z, Le P, Kapur P, Huerta S. (2015).
Honors & Awards
- ACG Fellowship2Leadership Gastroenterology/Hepatology Award
- Delaware Valley Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (DVSGE), 1st Prize
Annual Research Competition (2010)
- Komarov Competition, 2nd Prize
Oral presentation at basic science and clinical research competition, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA (2010)
- Sol Sherry Award for Excellence in Research, 1st Prize
Oral presentation at "Fellows and Residents Research Forum", Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA (2010)
- Pennsylvania Society of Gastroenterology, 1st Prize
Annual Poster Presentation Competition (2009)
- Annual Research Symposium, Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA, 1st Prize
Oral Presentation (2006)
- Dixon Award
Most Outstanding Research, Abington Memorial Hospital, Philadelphia, PA (2006)
- Pennsylvania Medical Society, 1st Prize
Annual Poster Presentation Competition (2005)
- American College of Physicians, 2nd Prize
Annual Poster Presentation Competition (2004)
- Fellow of American College of Gastroenterology (FACG) (2007)
- Fellow of American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (FASGE) (2007)
- Member of American Gastroenterology Association (AGA) (2007)
- Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP) (2006)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan (2005)