Dr.Puliyappadamba received his doctorate from the University of Kerala with the research work carried out at Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology, Trivandrum, India. He completed his postdoctoral fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas and the University of Alabama at Birmingham in brain cancer related signaling pathways. Later he Joined UT Southwestern as a faculty member in the Department of Radiation oncology and conducted extensive invitro and invivo research in radio-sensitization of glioma using a novel ATR inhibitor. After the departure of his mentor, he transferred to Internal Medicine and joined the lab of Elizabeth Maher and Robert Bachoo, continuing the research in glioma. He has published his research work in the Journal of Biological chemistry, Oncogene, Cell Reports and Nature Communications. His research includes understanding the mechanism of chemo-and radio resistance of glioma. Using Patient derived xenografts and mouse model, he will study the resistance mechanisms of glioblastoma and this study may contribute the regulation of glioma recurrence.
- Graduate School
- (2017), Biotechnology
- Graduate School
- (2017), Biotechnology
- Cell Cyle and Apoptosis
- Chemo-radio Resistance in Glioma
- DNA Damage Repair Signal in Glioma
- Opposing Effect of EGFRWT on EGFRvIII-Mediated NF-?B Activation with RIP1 as a Cell Death Switch.
- Puliyappadamba VT, Chakraborty S, Chauncey SS, Li L, Hatanpaa KJ, Mickey B, Noorani S, Shu HK, Burma S, Boothman DA, Habib AA Cell Rep 2013 Aug
- Curcumin inhibits B[a]PDE-induced procarcinogenic signals in lung cancer cells, and curbs B[a]P-induced mutagenesis and lung carcinogenesis.
- Puliyappadamba VT, Thulasidasan AK, Vijayakurup V, Antony J, Bava SV, Anwar S, Sundaram S, Anto RJ Biofactors 2015 Nov-Dec 41 6 431-42
- An EGFR wild type-EGFRvIII-HB-EGF feed-forward loop regulates the activation of EGFRvIII.
- Li L, Chakraborty S, Yang CR, Hatanpaa KJ, Cipher DJ, Puliyappadamba VT, Rehman A, Jiwani AJ, Mickey B, Madden C, Raisanen J, Burma S, Saha D, Wang Z, Pingle SC, Kesari S, Boothman DA, Habib AA Oncogene 2014 Aug 33 33 4253-64
- The role of NF-?B in the pathogenesis of glioma.
- Puliyappadamba VT, Hatanpaa KJ, Chakraborty S, Habib AA Mol Cell Oncol 2014 Jul-Sep 1 3 e963478
- Constitutive and ligand-induced EGFR signalling triggers distinct and mutually exclusive downstream signalling networks.
- Chakraborty S, Li L, Puliyappadamba VT, Guo G, Hatanpaa KJ, Mickey B, Souza RF, Vo P, Herz J, Chen MR, Boothman DA, Pandita TK, Wang DH, Sen GC, Habib AA Nat Commun 2014 5 5811
- EGFR wild type antagonizes EGFRvIII-mediated activation of Met in glioblastoma.
- Li L, Puliyappadamba VT, Chakraborty S, Rehman A, Vemireddy V, Saha D, Souza RF, Hatanpaa KJ, Koduru P, Burma S, Boothman DA, Habib AA Oncogene 2013 Dec
- Cytoplasmic TRADD confers a worse prognosis in glioblastoma.
- Chakraborty S, Li L, Tang H, Xie Y, Puliyappadamba VT, Raisanen J, Burma S, Boothman DA, Cochran B, Wu J, Habib AA Neoplasia 2013 Aug 15 8 888-97
- Mechanistic evaluation of the signaling events regulating curcumin-mediated chemosensitization of breast cancer cells to 5-fluorouracil.
- Vinod BS, Antony J, Nair HH, Puliyappadamba VT, Saikia M, Narayanan SS, Bevin A, Anto RJ Cell Death Dis 2013 4 e505
- Antagonists of anaphase-promoting complex (APC)-2-cell cycle and apoptosis regulatory protein (CARP)-1 interaction are novel regulators of cell growth and apoptosis.
- Puliyappadamba VT, Wu W, Bevis D, Zhang L, Polin L, Kilkuskie R, Finley RL, Larsen SD, Levi E, Miller FR, Wali A, Rishi AK J. Biol. Chem. 2011 Nov 286 44 38000-17
- Akt is upstream and MAPKs are downstream of NF-?B in paclitaxel-induced survival signaling events, which are down-regulated by curcumin contributing to their synergism.
- Bava SV, Sreekanth CN, Thulasidasan AK, Anto NP, Cheriyan VT, Puliyappadamba VT, Menon SG, Ravichandran SD, Anto RJ Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2011 Mar 43 3 331-41
- Society of Neuro Oncology (2018)
- American Association for Cancer Research (2016)